ZR2, My new ride.

limeyangler

Well my old Canyon finally bit the dust. With over 260K on the clock and a custom rebuild of the tranny needed it was time to lay my faithful servant to rest. 

Went to my local dealer with a Canyon built and priced and asked to test drive one with at least the same engine, the saleswoman put me in the Colorado ZR2, we signed the paperwork half an hour later.....lol....smart lady.

2" lift with the off road suspension package, independent locking front and rear diff, full skid plates, wifi, touchscreen, navigation, 7 speaker Bose sound,  heated seats, basically fully loaded.

First scratch on this one is gonna be a nervous breakdown.

t IMG_6911.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

• Like 1

sweet ride .. congrats

the saleswoman put me in the Colorado ZR2, we signed the paperwork half an hour later.....lol....smart lady.

LOL - had you sussed. Hope you got some of those manufacturer's rebates they are throwing around these days, or at least some free gas?

6 hours ago, spincast said:

sweet ride .. congrats

the saleswoman put me in the Colorado ZR2, we signed the paperwork half an hour later.....lol....smart lady.

LOL - had you sussed. Hope you got some of those manufacturer's rebates they are throwing around these days, or at least some free gas?

Lots of rebates, a free tonneau cover and a tank of gas, oh and a $50 CT gift card.... lol.

On 6/29/2018 at 10:28 PM, Joeytier said:

Awesome rig.  I've looked into them, and they should blow away your old one offroad, and should get better mileage pulling the boat too.  I don't like the tiny beds on the small trucks, but that is a real cool rig.

The mileage will suck compared to my old rig I think, the old Canyon had a 3.7 straight 5 cyl, could get to Winnipeg and back on a tank (60ltr), not sure how she'll be towing, time will tell. The small bed means its not great for hauling a quad around but although its the same length as my old canyon the sides are higher so with the tail gait down I gain 6" over my old old one. I prefer the smaller trucks, that's just me though, always seems to be an element of trade off when buying any sort of vehicle.

Congrats.  I bought a 17 diesel LT colorado with the long box.  Very happy with it after almost a year.

The lockers on the zr2 are nice if you offroad.  Mine 'only' has the eaton auto locker in the rear.