Lake Ontario Tilapia

John Bacon

On 9/10/2018 at 6:58 AM, Dubz905 said:

hey that guy who said he caught them was me. There are alot of them out there

20180628_174537.jpg

This things looks like it has been left out in that parking lot and sun all day.  If I look closely, I think I see a tire mark from one of those fat bikes.

not sure why everybody feels the need to do crap like this.  I saw an African cichlid in Etobicoke creek by the airport this summer, thriving.......but not for long *smh*

On 9/11/2018 at 7:33 PM, buick14 said:

This things looks like it has been left out in that parking lot and sun all day.  If I look closely, I think I see a tire mark from one of those fat bikes.

not sure why everybody feels the need to do crap like this.  I saw an African cichlid in Etobicoke creek by the airport this summer, thriving.......but not for long *smh*

The eye looks a little too good for it to be a fish that was left laying in the parking lot. The colour is probably washed out because of the environment. I have seen a koi swimming around in Paudash Lake for the last few years. I forgot to check when I was there last weekend, it tends to stick to the same fallen tree.

if you go to a Chinese grocery store you will see that there are multiple colour patterns in Tillapia. This is one of those colours. The very nature of aquarium life for food fish also washes out the colour, even in the grey ones. You can see this clearly when you see the largemouth bass they sell as "Green Bass". The bass look like a ghost bass pattern with pale green and ghostly black markings. It bugs me to see largemouth as an aquarium food fish but there it is.