Past on the bass. Went for a stroll

misfish

The day was finally here. Opener for bass on Simcoe. Was looking so forward to it, but knew the weather was not looking the greatest. 40/60 chance.

Woke up to rain and wind at 4am. :rolleyes:  Drove down to the bay and it was waves and whites caps. Oh what to do:dunno:. I know, go home, grab the 6wt fly rod and box of flies I have been tying up and hit a couple of streams. So this I do and off I go. I really wanted to try my Master Splinter mouse tie. I did, and it looks so real like a mouse skittering across the water. Watching the tail move was so cool. I only brought the camera this morning,so no go pro vid. Sucks, as it would of been very cool to see. Large mouth are going to crush them.:good:

So with that entertainment out of the way, I opened the fly box and grab a dry fly. It didn't take long to start hooking into small trout. Size didn't matter to me, no sir.. The fact my own ties were catching was.  :clapping:

H6FMpO7.jpg?1

AhLub11.jpg?1

So with that first fly out of the way, lets try another. This one was stupid on. When I posted these when I made them, I said they were a ugly tie. John said  the fish do not  care, and he was right. :w00t: 

9hy0iE5.jpg?1

tlJ6Jzo.jpg?1

WFqgd6x.jpg?1

ZslbiAb.jpg?1

kKV63qP.jpg?2

xir9pr7.jpg?1

Hey, come back here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Put in down to unhook a fish and it got away.:lol:

vaBjawh.jpg

And why was hooking up  ?

rsyMVfe.jpg?2

Maybe I,ll bass fish Sunday. Then again, I do not mind this fun. I had both streams to myself this morning. There was no sign of any others had been there.  :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks guys.

Should of strolled more today, as my go to smallie spot was abandon. Not a fish to be seen. Not a bed as well. Terry covered more water then I and was the same. Well that was up til I left. It is becoming sand filled for some reason. No longer the rocks and weed beds.  Time for largies with the fly rod next weekend.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 2:07 PM, misfish said:

The day was finally here. Opener for bass on Simcoe. Was looking so forward to it, but knew the weather was not looking the greatest. 40/60 chance.

Woke up to rain and wind at 4am. :rolleyes:  Drove down to the bay and it was waves and whites caps. Oh what to do:dunno:. I know, go home, grab the 6wt fly rod and box of flies I have been tying up and hit a couple of streams. So this I do and off I go. I really wanted to try my Master Splinter mouse tie. I did, and it looks so real like a mouse skittering across the water. Watching the tail move was so cool. I only brought the camera this morning,so no go pro vid. Sucks, as it would of been very cool to see. Large mouth are going to crush them.:good:

So with that entertainment out of the way, I opened the fly box and grab a dry fly. It didn't take long to start hooking into small trout. Size didn't matter to me, no sir.. The fact my own ties were catching was.  :clapping:

H6FMpO7.jpg?1

AhLub11.jpg?1

So with that first fly out of the way, lets try another. This one was stupid on. When I posted these when I made them, I said they were a ugly tie. John said  the fish do not  care, and he was right. :w00t: 

9hy0iE5.jpg?1

tlJ6Jzo.jpg?1

WFqgd6x.jpg?1

ZslbiAb.jpg?1

kKV63qP.jpg?2

xir9pr7.jpg?1

Hey, come back here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Put in down to unhook a fish and it got away.:lol:

vaBjawh.jpg

And why was hooking up  ?

rsyMVfe.jpg?2

Maybe I,ll bass fish Sunday. Then again, I do not mind this fun. I had both streams to myself this morning. There was no sign of any others had been there.  :thumbsup_anim:

That is amazing!  Love the colours on those trout.  

Cheers!