Oldschool The Fish'n Canada Show

Lord Letto

As an avid Youtuber, who came to it late by modern standards I have to chime in....lol. I think comparing Youtube to the likes of WFN is an apples and oranges situation. Like any media platform there is going to be stuff you like and stuff you don't, there are some amazing fishing channels and some really awful ones, that being said Youtube does offer average Joes like me the chance to share content that just does not happen in the corporate world of WFN et al.  Youtube also allows a degree of interaction not possible with TV shows, I have a good rapport, instant rapport, with subscribers and have made friends with some and even had meet ups. There are some amazingly good fishermen and women in my area who don't fish tournaments, it's just not their thing. I am in awe of some of the local guys that year in and year out deliver on the competitive stage, I have tried before with mixed results, but for me it takes the fun out of fishing (unless you win....lol). A lot of my subscribers have little interest in my fishing abilities, they tune in because of the cool places I get to fish, the rapport I have with them, my dog, my family, especially Jack my young son, scenery etc...etc. I have had some lucrative offers for sponsorship but I am not going down that route just yet, I think it would take away from my content and make it into an infomercial, the very reason I never watch WFN, instead I chose to air my videos on local TV, folks in our area get a real hoot out of seeing the places they know and I have had some very possitive feedback, thats enough for me. So, in summary....lol...WFN is good if thats your thing, youtube is also great if thats your thing, but they are very different entities.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:44 PM, Garnet said:

I've fished against many TV anglers.

And I know how good they are.

Can't think of 1 YouTube worth my time.

Angling skill is right near the bottom of things I look for in most fishing/outdoors media.  Some of the most enjoyable outdoors content online are from people that are new to the sport and/or trying new things.  I have no doubt that Italo and Bob are excellent anglers, but their shows are incredibly dull and inundanted with advertisements to the point that they are no longer enjoyable to most people.  Not to mention, if you don't think there's world class anglers on YouTube, you're clueless.

12 hours ago, Joeytier said:

Angling skill is right near the bottom of things I look for in most fishing/outdoors media.

I'm the complete opposite. I don't watch an outdoors show so someone can entertain me. If there's nothing to learn, for me, there's no sense in watching. They should just hire actors to do fishing shows. lol