jjcanoe

Henry's fish and chips

27 minutes ago, jjcanoe said:

Stopped in for dinner on my camping trip last weekend. Pricey but delicious!!

What do you consider pricey? ;)

$25 for walleye dinner $70 with tip(I tip well) for my son and I with a ginger ale and a water to drink. Not complaining, I'm a truck driver and understand the logistics of getting food, power, staff etc to an island and the extra costs involved. If I couldn't afford it i wouldn't have eaten there 🙂  spent a summer on James Bay in the 80's, that was an expensive place $25 for a case of coke at the Hudsons Bay....

Edited by jjcanoe

19 minutes ago, jjcanoe said:

$25 for walleye dinner $70 with tip(I tip well) for my son and I with a ginger ale and a water to drink. Not complaining, I'm a truck driver and understand the logistics of getting food, power, staff etc to an island and the extra costs involved. If I couldn't afford it i wouldn't have eaten there 🙂  spent a summer on James Bay in the 80's, that was an expensive place $25 for a case of coke at the Hudsons Bay....

Yeah, that's actually pretty reasonable.

We have a good fish joint here in Yellowknife and it costs me about $35 for lunch and $55 for dinner.

So about 30% more than there. But the fish is awesome as are the home made buns.  ^_^

Prices not terrible at all, if the fish was good.

Here is a copy of the menu from the Erie Beach. A platter (16oz) of either Perch or Pickerel no sides is still the best around

5puLQtF.jpg?1