Motor guide problem

glenner

I have a Motorguide Pro series 46 bow mount TM that has worked trouble free until today.

I had been using it for about an hour when it acted up - it stopped running for a few seconds, then started again with a bit of a jerk, then ran for a few minutes, stopped, started a few times then just stopped for good.

When I got back I checked what I could, battery is fine, all connections I can see seem fine, it just won’t run.

Any suggestion on a next step?

Does anyone know a repair shop I could take it to for a diagnosis? I live in Guelph but my cottage is just north of Orillia.

I have a similar TM, found wiring burnt at the switch contacts. (Loose terminals) tightened up, cleaned terminals, been mint ever since. One suggestion, if using a breaker, make sure it hasn't overheated and "opened" inside, leaving no voltage to pass through it. Check for voltage going in and out from your source to the under pedal switches. That should easily lead you to where your issue is. Good luck.

Edited by Smokercrafty

Pikeslayer - No, there was no noise, it just seemed to stop, and then start aagain a couple of times then quit

Smokercrafty - Thanks, I’ll check the breaker and check the voltage when I’m back up on the weekend, don’t have a tester at the cottage