Fathers day Weekend trip report

My son and I hit the road Friday morning for the a few days of fun and fishing.  Things to note.  The water temperature is higher then it was all last year.  74 in some areas I would say an average of 72 throughout the whole lake.  Weed growth is starting to come in which is nice finally.  We had a lot of fun swimming, fishing and hanging out by the campfire and the screened in porch.  The fishing was much better then last week.  The Pike were hitting although we didn't get anything to big.  We managed a couple small walleyes and lost the only good picture worthy one at the boat.  The OOS bass were biting pretty well anything in the water so that should be a good thing for opening weekend.  Haven't seen a crappie yet this year which is disappointing cause they are delicious.  I don't know if it has something to do with the late start but usually the first week of June we are smashing them.  

Here are some of the highlights from the weekend.  It was a great time and we can't wait for the long weekend to hammer some bass and hit some northern lakes for some monster bass!

Campfire!  

IMG_2600.JPG

A few of these post fishing

IMG_2574.JPG

Some of these of these for night caps (maybe the best whiskey I have ever had made in Sundridge).  Double shot with ginger ale in a mug is my favourite summer time drink

IMG_2621.JPG

The view

IMG_2572.JPG

Father and Son!

IMG_2617.JPG

Jumping off the rock!

IMG_2581.JPG

We got a few of these guys but not much bigger.  

IMG_2596.JPG

The drive home knocked out with the pup on his chest is priceless!

IMG_2571.JPG

Overall it was a great weekend with my son and I can't wait for a week up north starting next Thursday!

Cheers!

Good times LBH :)

one day that will be you snoozing shotgun LOL. My SIL is always assigned driving home bound. 

We had good success on pike :) & walleye but no crappie on our lake south of you. 

Yes, bass are certainly ready to go this weekend. 

Edited by Pikeslayer

12 hours ago, Pikeslayer said:

Good times LBH :)

one day that will be you snoozing shotgun LOL. My SIL is always assigned driving home bound. 

We had good success on pike :) & walleye but no crappie on our lake south of you. 

Yes, bass are certainly ready to go this weekend. 

Im not the most exepeirnced crappie fishermen.  I was told its normal for them not to really bite till July but last year we smashed them in early June so not sure if it was just a weird year or what.