Esox Lucius, a week chasing big pike.

BillM

Just got back from northwestern Ontario and some great pike fishing.   I love these things, especially chasing giants in 2ft of water or less.   Biggest fish of the trip was 47in, saw ones much bigger but they were rather uninterested in my presentations but did enjoy sunning themselves :)   Surprise 29in walleye to finish the trip off as well!   The 47in was one of the thickest pike I've ever seen, shoulders on these fish (Even the high 30in fish) were insane.    You'll also notice no GoPro shots and fish being held 8ft away from us.  No need to camera tricks with these things.    Our best day was 12 over 40inches,  I caught 4, 42inchers in an afternoon but of course she got all the big ones, lol.   Can't complain, her first time pike fishing, she definitely got spoiled!  Biggest for me on this trip was 45in, I'll be chasing that 50 next spring.   No weights on these fish, just a quick measurement, pic then back they went.

DBJ6td8.jpg
NG9xIkn.jpg
yT6Moq8.jpg

47in giant..  she could barely hold on to it.
4qkw4MZ.jpg

Iw0eSTe.jpg
imageproxy.php?img=&key=b2a6c0fbb357a637https://i.imgur.com/NGBwq8j.jpg[/img]
r7V1bIR.jpg
vj0aBwV.jpg

Bonus walleye!  Hit a Dr spoon, not surprised I've caught some pretty big walleye on pike gear

SqzEfIl.jpg

Edited by BillM

43 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

man, now those are some seriously monster pike.

What was the go to lure for the week?

Also some of the photos aren't working now? I cant see the walleye for example.

We caught them on everything, although each day kinda had its own pattern.    Walleye pic should be fixed, dunno how that happened.

12 minutes ago, misfish said:

What ? Didn't bring the fly rod ? That would of been cool. Sweet fish buddy.

My 6wt would have been destroyed :)   Maybe next year I'll pick up a heavy stick and bring it along.