Fishing help - fishing the Midland Area

Hey there, I am new to fishing and new to Ontario and I will be up in the Midland area this weekend. I am hoping that someone could give me some suggestions as to where would be some good spots to fish and what I should be fishing for at this time of the year. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Be careful out there. Many rocks and shoals that are barely submerged with the water level being where its at. Look for healthy weeds in 10-15 fow adjacent to shallow bays and you should find some Pike. There's tons of pike in that area. Throw something big and flashy. 

My sister lives on Midland Bay. When I'm there I fish the shoreline from my Hobie Floatcat rowboat. Consistently I look for onshore winds that stir up the shore and hit that shoreline with spinnerbaits, cranks and swimbaits. When it's calm I see other anglers fish/flip weedlines and holes in the weeds out further from shore from power boats using electronics I'm sure.  They are locals and they are there consistently so I'm sure they are getting fish. I get big Smallmouth and medium sized pike when I go out. Remember Midland Bay is rough, from wind but also from large boat traffic. On Thursday a woman drowned right in front of my sisters house when she got flipped out/off of her kayak. Her dog swam to shore but she washed up hours later. The bay gets REALLY rough so be carefull.