Tried my hand at guiding this morning

misfish

5 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Yes, I fished a smaller tournament here a couple of times and no one caught a fish, and some of those guys normally did well. I have blanked myself more times than I care to remember, and even using live bait fun fishing.

Yep Buckeye, one sure way to bring on a skunk is to enter a tourney or brag about how you were smashing them yesterday.

lol it all depends on the lake and what time of year...you can definitely get on the skunk once september hits...but if your entire boat cant catch bass in the kawarthas or on georgian bay from opener until september you gotta work at it harder lol Those bloody lakes are infested. Ive definetly had days where luck wasnt on my side and i just couldnt buy a fish, but the frustration is always compounded in these scenarios because the person im fishing with is probably absolutely hammering them.

There are definitely slower days than others, but i cant remember the last day we got skunked fishing bass where it wasnt the fall when the bass transition out into the open.

Last year may have been the last time i took someone out for a whole day fishing and they didnt catch anything all day...and were pretty upset because the rest of the boat had hammered them..sure enough i had to help my buddy out...i took him to a spot that without fail always works...at sunset throw a top water 2 feet to the right of that object and start walking the lure back...and like every other single time sure enough he caught his first fish of the day. 

That was the same day that i caught a PB smallie and another couple of 4lbers plus plenty more. It was just not his day.

No Brian I didn't think you were serious about guiding. We've never met but from reading your stuff I know you know your fishin' and are too smart to guide, who needs that pressure?

I do have a question though Brian. How do you down rig in a Toon?

I might even get the bottom of the boat wet tomorrow or Friday. 2 cabinets are missing from the Kitchen my wife bought so am at a standstill until in. They should suspend my fishing and boating license because of lack of use this year.

23 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

No Brian I didn't think you were serious about guiding. We've never met but from reading your stuff I know you know your fishin' and are too smart to guide, who needs that pressure?

I do have a question though Brian. How do you down rig in a Toon?

I might even get the bottom of the boat wet tomorrow or Friday. 2 cabinets are missing from the Kitchen my wife bought so am at a standstill until in. They should suspend my fishing and boating license because of lack of use this year.

I dont yet, but working on it. LOL

I do though, have my ducer set up so it swings out when rowing and dragging a  1-2 oz swim bait. I can mark it while I am rowing.  When I stop, I can mark it while it drops. I can see if there are any followers , then play chase with them. It,s a pretty simple cool set up. 

I will do a video of it  on how it works some day. I know how you hate long videos. LOL 

Edited by misfish

You sure have that Toon loaded with goodies eh Brian? You have more electronics on that thing than NASA launched for the Gemini Space Program. I would insure it for 50K at least with all the "Brian Toon Tuning" There's a side business. BTT, "Brian's Toon Tuning LLC". They bring in their basic personal pontoon and you do all the add on gagets like they do with celebrity cars at the custom car shops.

Edited by Old Ironmaker