Lake Eugenia

DJGeneral

The causeway would be best. Lot's of room down both sides and no issues with private property. It's about 1 km long.

X marks the spot where I grew up. :) Great place to spent summers back in the 70's

Eugenia Causeway.png

Edited by grimsbylander

Thanks a million! I heard it was really good back in 70's and 80's for fishing one more question where can i park?

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

The causeway would be best. Lot's of room down both sides and no issues with private property. It's about 1 km long.

X marks the spot where I grew up. :) Great place to spent summers back in the 70's

Eugenia Causeway.png

40 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

No fish left, Grimsby landed them all. It was a big bike!

2 minutes ago, misfish said:

Back in the late 70,s and through out the 80,s, it was a big bass lake. Today, to much pressure and catch and keep. Not that I am against that. The laws the law. LOL

Do you guys suggest any other lakes in the area Ill be Staying in Markdale

3 minutes ago, misfish said:

Back in the late 70,s and through out the 80,s, it was a big bass lake. Today, to much pressure and catch and keep. Not that I am against that. The laws the law. LOL

Brian, when I lived there as a kid, I fished that lake every day in the summer and NEVER saw or caught a single largemouth....a million rock bass, yes. We all caught rainbow trout and brookies off the bridge on that causeway. It was later on in the 80's when the largies started showing up and yup, there were some pigs.

5 hours ago, DJGeneral said:

Thanks a million! I heard it was really good back in 70's and 80's for fishing one more question where can i park?

Don't quote me but I'm pretty sure the last time I drove past there, there were NO Parking signs all along there.

2 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

Brian, when I lived there as a kid, I fished that lake every day in the summer and NEVER saw or caught a single largemouth....a million rock bass, yes. We all caught rainbow trout and brookies off the bridge on that causeway. It was later on in the 80's when the largies started showing up and yup, there were some pigs.

I was introduced to the lake 79. We caught large mouth. Then they were not huge and yes, rainbows and brookies through the ice. The 80,s the bass were getting up in numbers and yes, some real pigs. Motor oil green 10" worm. Yes, artificial back then byes. That back bay inlet Dave was the ticket. ;)

12 minutes ago, misfish said:

I was introduced to the lake 79. We caught large mouth. Then they were not huge and yes, rainbows and brookies through the ice. The 80,s the bass were getting up in numbers and yes, some real pigs. Motor oil green 10" worm. Yes, artificial back then byes. That back bay inlet Dave was the ticket. ;)

Brian, did you ever go up to the traps? If you knew the lake, you may know the traps. 

Just now, grimsbylander said:

Brian, did you ever go up to the traps? If you knew the lake, you may know the traps. 

That must be a local thing . LOL Never heard of them.

The last time I fished that lake was probly 10 years ago. Club tourny. There is this weed growth out there now that looks like huge umbrellas.  I  found the best bite was boiling spinner baits over the cabbage. Those bass would come out of no where.  The stump grounds is another great spot. You remember that rebel frog with the spinning back legs? KILLER. Probly how the buzz bait came about. LOL

On 6/7/2018 at 12:40 AM, Chuck Enwinde said:

Looks like you can park there, and fish there  https://www.google.com/maps/@44.3097289,-80.4864151,3a,59.8y,94.63h,88.07t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sDh1ClURzAjTUz9qpclhB7A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Also all the fast moving streams in the area hold trout

Thanks!!

Edited by DJGeneral