Golf Cart

DanD

Hey everyone.

Looking for some advice with this golf cart I just bought. It's a 1993 905 EZGO, 36 volt machine. Thing looks great and ran fine; when I took it for a test drive. The speed limit at the trailer park was 5mph and the park owner was standing there to remind me. I get the thing home and take it for a run down the street. Everything worked fine, until I pushed the last 1/4 inch of throttle. It lost power, while I had it to the floor; when I let up that 1/4 inch, the power comes back on. My question is, is that a full throttle governor (cutout) that's designed in and nothing to worry about, an out of adjustment throttle switch or the switch (potentiometer) that may have gone bad?

Thanks for any input.

Dan.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

sounds to me like a governor. Most golf carts have them and they are very simple to remove. Holy heck though once you do they can be pretty damn fun and scary..

That sounds feasible , if that's what it is and I'm good with it. Not looking to set any land speed records with this cart. Just wanted to know if this was "normal" for them to do this. Bought the cart for my wife that has two bad knees and waiting for surgery. She doesn't know that I've bought this cart yet and wanted to do my best to get it in proper working order for her. She loves to go visiting her friends around the park. With this cart she'll be able to do it again. My only other question is, how do I install a ``blow & go`` on the cart. LOL

Thanks to the replies.

Good people here.

Dan.  

Dan if you  go from off to full throttle does the cart move up to speed? If it goes up to speed and then backs off it is a governor. If it does not move then it is an adjustment. On some there is a bolt on the floor as a pedal stop that is a physical stop to keep you from pulling the voltage resister past a physical point. Some people remove or lower the bolt to see if it will go faster but it is not the governor that some think it is. 

Art