captpierre

Huge water temp change

Had do a double take looking at my Lowrance tonight. Yesterday evening water temps were 66F at the south side of the lake and 65 at the north side. This evening 56F.  Was sunny today, about 19 C and mild east wind. How does that happen?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Water cooling down on Pigeon.

Surface temp this morning 69. This evening 72. Fishing was tough today. Had a young loon hang out next to the boat for about 5 min. Checked me out. Swam under and checked again. No fear. Didn’t reach for phone/camera in case he spooked. Great experience. 

in General Discussion

• pier fishing for salmon with high water levels

Hi, last time i was at Bronte pier, the pier was closed off and gated. big sign saying 'structure unsafe keep off' not sure if thats due to rehab on the pier or just the high water.  yesterday the waves were coming over top of the liftbridge on the hamilton side, i assume that is closed as well. Where can we chuck spoons this year??

in General Discussion

• Water temps are up

Surface 75 F this afternoon on Pigeon.  That’s way up from a week ago. Took a dip. She’s way cooler down below. The boys weren’t too happy 😎

in General Discussion

• Need Help finding calmer water on Lake Erie

Hi everyone, So this will be my first year with a boat, so excited. I was wondering if any of you can help me out and let me know where on Lake Erie to go for fishing with a little calmer waters? Ill be bringing my kids sometimes so want to be safe. I live near Burlington but willing to drive. Someone told me about a place called Sugarloaf Marina in Port Colborne but I have no idea if it’s any good. Spots that have walleye and bass when season opens up is what I’m l

in General Discussion

• "new" option for water conditions

You can get water condition updates right to your phone via buoys placed around the Great Lakes right now. Some inland lakes will be getting them in the future. https://glbuoys.glos.us Here is an article about the system: https://www.outdoorcanada.ca/buoyed-for-success/?fbclid=IwAR1HK98VFv29glw79WjfC3qG7Vt7qzTfdi_EZ8WZ8P5epG-9DzxDPW45Eq0

in General Discussion