Tis The Season!!! ^_^

DRIFTER_016

lmao

lets boat!

i have a buddy whos dad is like this...he just cannot back up a trailer...he doesnt claim to know how to, but he put on an incredible display for us last fall ahahhaa...we eventually parked the boat, got on shore and got into the truck and backed it in and then got back in the boat and put it on the trailer. Luckily we didnt keep anyone waiting.

Some of the best free entertainment around these parts is to grab a coffee or cold one and watch the "Boat Follies" at the local ramps on the weekend. It's fun unless I am in line waiting. I can't remember the last time I put the boat in the water or actually ventured out when we had a slip on a weekend or a holiday. It isn't relaxing dodging week end warriors that got a boat for Xmas. gent.

The best advise I ever got from a older gentleman was use your mirrors and if you can't see the boat you are going straight. I have a few scuff marks from launching, I admit it. No one started anything as an expert, maybe an infant looking for milk but that's about it.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I just bought a new 2018 F150 Lariat 2 weeks ago and it has trailer assist on it.

I spose it may be good for some folks but I've always thought if you can't back up a trailer on your own maybe you shouldn't be towing one.

But then again, maybe I'm just old school.

Edited by lew

5 hours ago, lew said:

I just bought a new 2018 F150 Lariat 2 weeks ago and it has trailer assist on it.

I spose it may be good for some folks but I've always thought if you can't back up a trailer on your own maybe you shouldn't be towing one.

But then again, maybe I'm just old school.

It's worse when you are  waiting at a truck dock and watching someone for 10 minutes or so trying to back the trailer they are pulling into a dock and then have them come over to you and ask if you can do it for them!

The best compliment I ever got was from the lady that runs Harris boat works on Rice Lake. We had the boat prepped and ready to go when our turn came to launch,straight down the ramp and launch in less than a minute and when we came back later that day we only tied up the ramp for another minute. She came storming out of the office up to thank us for our launch retrieval abilities. She said we were the best of the day and that says something on the opening day of Pickerel.

11 hours ago, vance said:

The best compliment I ever got was from the lady that runs Harris boat works on Rice Lake. We had the boat prepped and ready to go when our turn came to launch,straight down the ramp and launch in less than a minute and when we came back later that day we only tied up the ramp for another minute. She came storming out of the office up to thank us for our launch retrieval abilities. She said we were the best of the day and that says something on the opening day of Pickerel.

My buddy and I were like that back when I lived in Ontario.

30 seconds to launch and 60 to retrieve.

I'm the same Lew with a new '18, got it in November. Haven't even bothered to read how it works and never will ! I'll keep the stickers in the glove box pristine for the next owner in a few years! That said I did install a back up camera on my new 24' enclosed trailer.

enclosedatlastrailer24 240.JPG

enclosedatlastrailer24 244.JPG

I don't do well looking over my shoulder because I normally use the mirrors and everything is backwards over the shoulder. The worst thing to back up are those landscape trailers that are 10 foot at the most from the hitch to the axle and disappear behind the vehicle when you are going straight.