Summer and sun safety

I just watched that last night as well. I have been taking the sun more seriously in the last couple years. wearing the buff and sunsleeves has saved me. I may look weird but skin cancer is no joke. No more bacon ears!

skin cancer is the real deal anywhere doesnt matter south or not. Its the #1 form of cancer in Canada as well. I personally have also started taking sun protection much more seriously. When you spend that much time baking in a boat fishing all summer its a must. I need to do more though, i put sunscreen on everything now, but my hands still get baked...I go full sleeves, hat and buff now though. You pretty much have to.

Sun damage is a very serious matter,  I went to a Dermatologist for a check up and was

diagnosed with Actinic  Keratosis which is a rough scaly sign of early skin cancer.

I am all healed now since early detection was key in positive treatment, I always wear my hat

and cover my eyes with high quality sun glasses, cost is not a matter when it comes to saving your vision from sun glare.

Just my ho,   play safe out there..

It’s interesting. The medical community isn’t sure whether sunscreen actual prevents skin cancer. Best is to cover up. Us fisherman get a double whammy with sun reflection off the water.  If you’re blue eyed and fair skinned be extra careful. Don’t forget the eyes too. Good sunglasses all the time. Still lots of UV rays in cloudy days.