Sudbury area Ice Out?

Can_38

Thanks for all of the replies.  Anyone else concerned about walleye opener having open water on the small / medium lakes.  I suppose if you live in the area it is what it is, but for folks like me who have invested $ into lodging & vacation days etc.. I am concerned.

On 07/05/2018 at 4:12 PM, misfish said:

I can tell you there is still 28" on the lakes in Port Loring. I only know this as buddy wanted to get his boat up there this weekend. LOL Aint going to happen for a couple of weeks.

That area will be wide open by the weekend, mostly open now.  North of 17, there will be remnants of ice on many lakes on the long weekend, but most should be navigable.   Small lakes should be mostly open by the end of this weekend.  Big lakes like Temagami and Kipawa are still pretty tight, Nipissing should be wide open in 4-5 days.

On 5/8/2018 at 4:25 PM, Joeytier said:

That area will be wide open by the weekend, mostly open now.  North of 17, there will be remnants of ice on many lakes on the long weekend, but most should be navigable.   Small lakes should be mostly open by the end of this weekend.  Big lakes like Temagami and Kipawa are still pretty tight, Nipissing should be wide open in 4-5 days.

Yup, buddy got the call yesterday. Open water. That ice melted fast.