Boat cover support

I built mine with a ABS closet flange for the bottom base with a reducing coupling to go to 2", 3 or 4 feet of 2" ABS glued together then slid a pole into that that protrudes into a grommet on the cover. The toilet flange makes a nice stable base. Maybe 12 bucks each in materiaIs. I had the poles for the cover already but you can use anything like a broom handle. Even with the wind whipping off Erie they don't blow over. I don't tie the cover under the hull, I use Javex bottles filled with water hung on a few grommets on the sides with cordage and S  hooks. Works fantastic in a slip too, no need to pull ties or mess with snaps.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Are you planning to use this for towing or just storage?  I use a frame made by Navigloo for winter storage.  It works well; but it's not for towing and takes a little too long to setup for covering the boat between trips.

5 hours ago, Lape0019 said:

I used the umbrella things Fisherman brought up and it didn't last a week so I went back to using the seats that came with the boat.

I Iike it. Plus you can sit in them while having Boat Drinks parked I the driveway!

6 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

I use a old white resin chair. Yep...they have rounded backs to prevent punctures and four legs so they don't tip over. You can easily trim the legs to get the right height too. El cheapo lol

I like it. Plus you can sit in them having Boat Drinks while the boat is parked o the driveway.

I used a plastic bucket/Aluminum pot/coffee can that I filled with concrete.  

While it was setting I inserted an off-cut of a 2x4 with nails/screws near the bottom that will be covered by the concrete.

After it cures, screw another off-cut to the 2x4 or cut the original to desired height if it was long enough.  Attach some rounded plastic or a sanded round off-cut to the top of the stand.   Right, job done.

Just what I had on hand but, easy to scrounge from a construction/renovation site.

Cheers,

Mark