Best $20 I spent, let the smoking begin

misfish

Currently doing pork belly burnt ends on mine. 

Also, someone mentioned temperature of these units, mine is insulated with 1inch insulation all the around, took a temp reading at the very top just under the lid, it's sitting at 195 degrees F

18 minutes ago, FloatnFly said:

Currently doing pork belly burnt ends on mine. 

Also, someone mentioned temperature of these units, mine is insulated with 1inch insulation all the around, took a temp reading at the very top just under the lid, it's sitting at 195 degrees F

How is it insulated ?

On 5/21/2018 at 2:46 PM, woodenboater said:

bit off topic but am using a combination of apple and cherry to smoke some back and side ribs today ;) weather is so fine today. Hope everyone is enjoying their long weekend !

My fav. combo of woods to use 

Thanks for the replying. Chad right?

That smoker looks like it,s been worked over pretty good. I am thinking I could build a plywood box and line it with reflex insulation. Would that work the same? The wrap they use on water heaters and hot water pipes. Maybe I am over thinking outside the box. 

And that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks awesome. 

43 minutes ago, misfish said:

Thanks for the replying. Chad right?

That smoker looks like it,s been worked over pretty good. I am thinking I could build a plywood box and line it with reflex insulation. Would that work the same? The wrap they use on water heaters and hot water pipes. Maybe I am over thinking outside the box. 

And that ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Looks awesome. 

Haha no, not chad

The smoker was my dad's for 20years before he gave it to me

He used stainless because it won't rot out in the elements. 

Pork belly burnt ends, salt them over night, cube them up, smoker for 4 to 5 hours, then bbq for an hour and a half in a mixture of your favourite bbq sauce, little bit of honey, and butter.  It's like pork candy0