HANG ON OUT THERE

misfish

I currently have 4 x 10,000 lb ratchet straps, 2 chains with bear traps on them diagonal across my hangars front door and 2 of my 3/8" cross cables up to keep it from blowing over sideways. Direct West wind on 100 feet of 16' wall + the roof and I think the only thing keeping it upright is the fact my aircraft insurance is valid for 3 more days! Gusts are 90 to 100kph currently..

Lost power for 4 hours ,  2 sections of wooden fence blew off, just laying down and just need to nail it back , wife offered to help but told her too dangerous with this wind, we'll wait till the wind drops, I'll take the girls out on a leash until then.

21686413_1592818124109688_8610194590407888343_n (1).jpg

Edited by dave524

1 hour ago, irishfield said:

I currently have 4 x 10,000 lb ratchet straps, 2 chains with bear traps on them diagonal across my hangars front door and 2 of my 3/8" cross cables up to keep it from blowing over sideways. Direct West wind on 100 feet of 16' wall + the roof and I think the only thing keeping it upright is the fact my aircraft insurance is valid for 3 more days! Gusts are 90 to 100kph currently..

Looking out now, that wind has shifted, as the flags do tell. Direct out of the north. Here comes that cold front, and I do not like that mix.

One gust at the Hamilton airport was reported at 127km/h.. all the new homes around us are losing shingles..of course they use OSB and cheap 3 tab shingles so what can you expect...

31 minutes ago, pics said:

One gust at the Hamilton airport was reported at 127km/h.. all the new homes around us are losing shingles..of course they use OSB and cheap 3 tab shingles so what can you expect...

It's all pretty quiet here just below the escarpment. Must be something going right over my head.   ;)

From a FB post on Ontario Tornado Watches page.

A source is reporting to our own Sabrina vZ. that there is “HALF A HOUSE IN THE STREET” near King and Gage in Hamilton due to the winds.

Has anyone else seen this or can share photos with us?

Updates to come.

- Brennen P.

40 minutes ago, pics said:

Good thing Mike doesn't work on Friday's.

He would have been waaaaay busy taking measurements every 15 minutes with this blow!!

45 minutes ago, Spiel said:

It's all pretty quiet here just below the escarpment. Must be something going right over my head.   ;)

Lots going on.. Lol.. The power is back on thankfully.. .I think we have all of our shingles but a lot of damage around the area.. 

5 hours ago, misfish said:

The wind and the super gusts of up to 100 km so far is crazy. The CTV tower wires sound like a 747 is just outside here. Calling for even stronger gusts up to 115 km this evening. 

Before and after! Daughter’s house today 

86BA0686-DCBB-46A4-A01A-89A83278BC1A.jpeg

a rental property on our street had new shingles put on in the last 4 years and the shingles were flying off the roof today, I noticed the plastic strips were still on the shingles, I always thought they were supposed to be removed before being nailed down.