My trout opener

Dutch01

Well, today was nothing short of amazing!

I started the day with some friends at a river east of the GTA. It wasn't as crowded as I expected and everyone was pretty well behaved ?. We saw loads of fish caught, and caught a few of our own too. Had I quit there, it would have already been a great day.

C4842413-6026-42DA-9C95-A7B48AEED44A.jpeg

When I got home I decided to check the "backyard" (I live on a Rouge trib) and managed to catch a real beauty! This was <100 yards from my back patio ?.

D9061C22-B3BA-4F20-BBCD-3D701400DA27.jpeg

99836669-48CA-416C-8789-C952827E538F.jpeg

Best. Trout. Opener. Ever!

Edited by Dutch01

4 hours ago, huzzsaba said:

Nice! hopefully will get out soon as well. I guess you will now be spending more time in your backyard lol.

did you just use roe bag and split shot?

For sure I'll be spending more time in my backyard. Starting tomorrow!

We were catching them using just a row bag and small splits under a float. I'm going to have to tie some more in the morning. 

Dutch01,

IS this in Cobourg? Many years ago we use to go up to Cobourg and rent private land off a farmer who has a stream run through his land. He had it all sectioned off and it was really nice. We paid $10 per person per day and there was usually 7-10 of us just in our section. I can't even imagine how much money he hade every year from opening weekend with all the land he had and the amount of people he rented it our to.

I haven't been up there in 20 some years.

8 hours ago, LittleWorm said:

Dutch01,

IS this in Cobourg? Many years ago we use to go up to Cobourg and rent private land off a farmer who has a stream run through his land. He had it all sectioned off and it was really nice. We paid $10 per person per day and there was usually 7-10 of us just in our section. I can't even imagine how much money he hade every year from opening weekend with all the land he had and the amount of people he rented it our to.

I haven't been up there in 20 some years.

No it wasn't Cobourg, I guess that narrows it down some. No time like the present to get back at it.

The "backyard" is in east GTA.

17 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

For sure I'll be spending more time in my backyard. Starting tomorrow!

We were catching them using just a row bag and small splits under a float. I'm going to have to tie some more in the morning. 

Break the fly rod out and make it a challenge. LOL

Nice.

13 hours ago, misfish said:

Break the fly rod out and make it a challenge. LOL

Nice.

No thanks! I have enough challenges as it is and I already get enough flak for not using a 'pin! ?

Edited by Dutch01

On 2018-04-30 at 5:25 PM, GBW said:

Nice fish and so close to home.  I'd have stayed in had I seen that black cloud in pic's 2 and 3...  :D 

I am quite the artiste, no? ?

18 hours ago, Thrilla said:

Went 5/10 on a Huron trib opening day. Surprised at the lack of people. Not a bad thing lol

I was pleasantly surprised that the Ganny wasn't too busy for us either. Sounds like you had good fishing yourself. 5/10 would be a banner day for me!