2 for 1 Special

Lord Letto

In addition to the baited spinner in the walleye's upper jaw there seems to be a curly tail jig in the corner of the pike's mouth ??  I had a Ski grab a walleye opening weekend in a boat below the dam at Bobcaygeon, would have been "76 I think.

When my dad went to Lady Evelyn lake decades ago he had about an 8-10 pound pike jump into the net as my uncle was netting a walleye he caught, then he put it on a stringer and it bent the clasp and got away!

I saw a 19 - 20 inch largemouth that a guy in the camp we stayed at in Pointe Au Baril had caught, from the gill plates back it was torn up, a muskie had grabbed it and let go when he got it to the boat.

It used to be legal to use perch for bait in some areas up north, my friend and I had a couple out under bobbers, no bites, let's move! he starts reeling in he perch comes to the surface, and a 40+ inch pike takes a swipe at it, we wasted some more time at that spot. LOL

it also used to be legal for us to catch our own bait, we would fish for minnows. One time while doing so my buddy says, Paul look at this, he has a huge smallie on that grabbed his minnow and was swimming towards the boat with it, a size 16 hook isn't meant for big fish!

LOL, troll in the prop wash? I put reflective tape on the prop of a stern mount electric motor I used to use up north. Trolling along a weed edge using it and bump! What? nothing here to hit, too deep, and there is a stunned looking ski that passed two lures to hit the prop!

Ok. Its the Moon River. I start throwing a little seko. My buddy is tying a Texas weedless. A little hammer handle pike is sniffing my lure when I try to get his attention. When a 2 lb bass comes up from nowhere and grabs the lure and heads straight back down. The Pike diddnt blink and kept on his path well past the bow. Then my bud looks up and says what you talking about????? Only me and a higher power saw that.

Last year I looked over the side of the boat and there was a pike eyeing the Walleye that was on the stringer. I quickly pulled up the stringer and the pike went after my nephews jig.... He joined the walleye on the stringer..

Has happened many many times to me on Fly in trips. Pike hitting a walleye I'm reeling in. Up at the cottage in Bobcaygeon it's Muskie. Musky hitting a smallie or walleye I'm reeling in. Plus I catch at least 1 muskie every summer fishing for bluegills. Those are fun because I'm only using 4LB line then.

last year I was jiggin eyes and a boat near us saw us catch an eye and said "nice fish" we thanked him and he continued to tell us that the previous weekend he was in the same spot and hooked into an eye and that a big 20+ lb pike had t boned his walleye. My buddy dave then hooked into another small eye and buddy continued "ya i fought the thing for a minute before it finally let go at the side of the boat" SMASH!!!! the same damn pike t boned daves eye as buddy said the last word of his sentence. Dave began fighting it, brought it boat side and it let go...

Dude in the other boat couldnt believe it lol

five minutes later i hook into an eye and as im reaching down into the water to grab it SMASH the pike t boned by eye and took it back down to the bottom before letting it go. This pike had become trained to hit struggling walleye. We never did end up catching it, if i had landed the pike i probably would have had to given it a good talking to before sending her back home.

Edited by AKRISONER