Great day yesterday

SirCranksalot

Started dark and early---just enough light to see when we launched my friend Jim's 14 footer. Calm 'seas', just 1 more boat so far. Marked quite a few as we trolled 60-80 ft of water. Started with smallish body baits. I switched to Fire Tiger after about an hr and hit the first fish shortly thereafter. Jim switched to a similar color and hit several more. By the 'end of the day'---prob around 10 AM we had landed 7 and missed 2. It gradually became quite busy and Cap'n Jim got tired of dodging boats so we packed it in. 

s1.jpgInsert other media

s2.jpg

Edited by SirCranksalot
zz

See my last sentence!:lol:  Mind you, Jim has little patience with crowds. He tends to seek out secluded spots---he's a canoeist, what more can I say??:lol:

( I guess I can hijack. my own thread. What's your friend Borgerman up to these days? Some of Jim's buds are trying to talk him into a trip to the Sutton. I just sent him a link to MB's canoe trip report. I couldn't find any on his Dusey Lodge trip---just a foretaste here on OFC)

11 minutes ago, BillM said:

I doubt he'll be back to the Sutton anytime soon.  Lots of stuff going on in his personal life unfortunately.

That sucks.

No hiding now Harold, I know what yer mug looks like now. LMAO

Nice fish, but you are doing the bleed out, head detach, all wrong. HA HA HA

Edited by misfish

On 4/28/2018 at 2:56 PM, SirCranksalot said:

Any luck? One of my friends has a boat on Lake O but says it's still to early?

Things should be heating up on the southern shore.  I know guys are starting to get into some chinooks.