A fishing report? Really? No way!

BillM

Pulled the boat down to the southern shore yesterday hoping to cash in on some early season action.   Day started off great, weather was great, lake was calm.   Ripped over to Charles Daley got the boards and flat lines out fairly quickly and started on our way over to Jordan.   Not a sniff in the first 30mins, so I decided to drop a rigger about 2ft off bottom and within 10 mins we had our first fish.  Chunky little brown at about 4lbs.   Pulled the other flat line in and dropped rigger #2.   About 5mins later brownie #2 came to the boat, almost a twin to the first fish.   Kept the speed around 2.0-2.2 and made sure to use those super thin Predator spoons (White seemed to be the ticket today)..   Finally got a hit on the inside board running another Predator spoon with 1 colour of leadcore but lost that fish after about 30 seconds.   Wind kicked up and that shut down the fish.   Decided to head over to Port Weller to see if I could scrounge up a laker or two but mother nature had other ideas.  It got really bumpy really quick (NE winds tend to do that)..    Decided to call it a day.   Warmest temps I found were 42, fish definitely liked the pea green water today.   Boat ran great, going to give it a few weeks before heading back down again.

zgYcuydm.jpg

FM6RRDlm.jpg

eRRFSgVm.jpg

iA3BZ0Rm.jpg

12 hours ago, BillM said:

Thanks boys, was nice to scratch that itch that's for sure.   Now I'm wondering if my pike opener spots will still have ice come May 1st, lol.

5 days out...i think were pooched, the main channels in PAB are still entirely locked up, never mind the back bays! supposed to be 25 degrees next week...but thats mid week not Tuesday.