Toronto Terrorist Attack

AKRISONER

Just now, moxie said:

Do we know for sure? Scrap that heading till there is certainty ?. Thoughts go out to those affected and their families.

how is it anything but that? If hes white they might try and say he is "mentally ill" which is garbage...

The guy intended to do it, and now video is surfacing of him trying to get the cops to shoot him by repeatedly pointing something at them as if it is a weapon/gun...incredible to cops keep their composure and take him down.

Theres no denial of intent here, he was driving down the sidewalk in a rental van running people over and then tried to get the cops to shoot him.

WOW

If the cops shot and killed, they would not get the answers they needed. Obviously the officer seen clearly what the guy was holding.  After that street car event, Im sure this is something that plays in the back of the heads of all officers. 

3 minutes ago, misfish said:

WOW

If the cops shot and killed, they would not get the answers they needed. Obviously the officer seen clearly what the guy was holding.  After that street car event, Im sure this is something that plays in the back of the heads of all officers. 

2nd time since January toronto police have blown me away with their bravery.

A guy dropped a hand gun right in front of me on new years eve...I hear a cop say "is that a gun?" and then just absolutely levels the guy with a tackle...no weapon pulled and that was that...imagine seeing a guy with a gun and thinking, im gonna tackle him to stop him, balls of steel.

33 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

how is it anything but that? If hes white they might try and say he is "mentally ill" which is garbage...

The guy intended to do it, and now video is surfacing of him trying to get the cops to shoot him by repeatedly pointing something at them as if it is a weapon/gun...incredible to cops keep their composure and take him down.

Theres no denial of intent here, he was driving down the sidewalk in a rental van running people over and then tried to get the cops to shoot him.

That was my first thought after the mention of three different incident scenes but to go there without confirmation 

But whether it is or not the only surprise to me would be why it took so long. 

Edited by moxie
Always more to say.

14 minutes ago, moxie said:

That was my first thought after the mention of three different incident scenes but to go there without confirmation 

the video now shows him literally saying "kill me" while aiming a cell phone or other object  to the cop, and "shoot me in the head" and the cop continuously tells him to get down.

That about sums up the fact he did it on purpose...call him what you want. hes a terrorist in my eyes.

Man the bravery...

Reports from law enforcement officials, the incident is being treated as deliberate. 

Edited by AKRISONER

7 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

the video now shows him literally saying "kill me" while aiming a cell phone or other object  to the cop, and "shoot me in the head" and the cop continuously tells him to get down.

That about sums up the fact he did it on purpose...call him what you want. hes a terrorist in my eyes.

Man the bravery...

Again waz pretty obvious there was intent from the get go. given the three separate areas. long before we heard or saw any video or audio. Fact is there has been no confirmation. 

Again thoughts to victims and loved ones.

12 minutes ago, leaf4 said:

In our own backyard... Who would've expected it.

Amazing composure shown by TPS that's for sure

All first responders need to be heralded here. They were on it hard and fast to help those in need. 

2 hours ago, misfish said:

WOW

very brave cop for sure, but if he would have shot and killed him it would have saved the tax payers huge money in court costs and paying for this demon to live in jail 

4 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

very brave cop for sure, but if he would have shot and killed him it would have saved the tax payers huge money in court costs and paying for this demon to live in jail 

Dont get me wrong Chris. I would of like to see the dirt bag shot, but we have seen what happens to those that shoot and lose their jobs. So the the tax payers win, but the officer looses his job. CATCH 22 EH.

I,ll take the, find what his demons were about, and the officer gets to live and have his job still. He did a great job IMO. Like I said, he was there and seen first hand, what was in his hand. All it would take is a close up of the guy holding a cell and being shot for it. 

Like I mentioned, Street car kid that was mentally ill.

45 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

I agree with that, shoot him in the noodle and a quick 15 minute interrogation while he bleeds out. 

Brian,

I was really shocked when I read an article a little while ago that said the last hanging in Toronto was December 1962!

It was at the old Don Jail. Sure does not seem that long ago. I agree that there is a need to bring it back for cases like this. Who wants to support this clown for the rest of his days?

52 minutes ago, misfish said:

I will add, we need to bring back the death penalty for just this. If he is found not mentally challenged or it was terrorist, then death by injection.

If it is a terrorist then he should be stoned to death @ Young & Dundas Square.

21 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Wonder what that's going to cost the taxpayers, pretty sure a few dollars more than a couple of .40 rounds.

Have you seen the video? 

It's a little different scenario than the kid by himself pacing around the street car for 20 minutes 

Yes, watched the video, looks like he is playing quick draw with the LEO, that is far beyond what I would have endured.  In the ascending order of use of force, it appears he is using an apex weapon (purported) pistol.  Double tap..the end. A completely different scenario that the lad with the knife, Sammy.