Toronto Terrorist Attack

AKRISONER

7 minutes ago, misfish said:

Some will not like this read,

I have mixed feeling about this. Yes shooting this prick, is what he deserved; but this cop did what is was supposed to do. He enforce the law and did it without becoming the executioner. Like someone else has already said, in cases like this, where there's no doubt the person did this crime; have him/her put to death. No insanity plea, if he's found criminally insane, there's no use for him in society. We put rabid dogs down; putting them out of misery?

Dan.

sounds like this kid was on the spectrum and his difficulty relating to people snowballed into something much much bigger and sinister.

none of the above is an excuse for anything, it was a terrible act.  but certainly not terrorism.

It sounds quite unlikely that it was a terrorist attack but let's see what the investigation uncovers ove rthe next months.

I'm glad the police didn't shoot him. That's what he wanted. Let's give him lots of time for him to wish he was dead. Make the bugger suffer.

"bugger" being a euphenism for the word I used!

Edited by SirCranksalot

11 hours ago, BillM said:

This wasn't a terrorist attack.

Agreed.

Just one twisted individual intent on killing.

Terrorism gets thrown around too much, as does mentally Ill

Ummmmm, if you kill people without a very very good reason obviously you are mentally ill.

Thoughts and condolences to all those involved.

And that police officer is one heck of a public defender.

1 hour ago, Fish Farmer said:

Now we all have to pay for this individual for the rest of his life.:wallbash::wallbash:

Makes since to me.:worthy:

Did he feel for the innocent people he killed.

The surviving families should be the judge.

Agreed! 

5 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Now we all have to pay for this individual for the rest of his life.:wallbash::wallbash:

Makes since to me.:worthy:

Did he feel for the innocent people he killed.

The surviving families should be the judge.

Naw , he will serve any sentences concurrently, he could be out in like 15 years  :wallbash::wallbash:  They will say he is no longer a threat if he stays on medication or some bullcrap.  :wallbash::wallbash:

2 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Naw , he will serve any sentences concurrently, he could be out in like 15 years  :wallbash::wallbash:  

Just like the nurse that murdered the 8 seniors a couple years back. Everything to be served concurrently so basically she only got punished for killing the 1st person.

I love this country but our justice system must be one of the worst and most lenient in the world.

12 hours ago, BillM said:

Yup, cop did a great job that's for sure.  Nice to see some praise instead of the constant bashing they receive. 

I think there's a lot of people thinking the cop should have squeezed one off.

Now this peace of trash is going to think he's a martyr.

Now the trash sits in jail getting 3 squares a day and full benefits that WE have to pay for. Are we not the victim in some way.

Like to know what the cop really thought. we have to many cry me a river people.

Wouldn't want a cops job, your a #$% if you do and a #$% if you don't. It could have went the other way if the trash had a real gun. 11 Dead.

World is going down the pipe, how long before another trash wants to beat this trash.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::worthy:

Sorry Bill, but this stuff really pisses me off, nothing against you bud.

Edited by Fish Farmer

1 minute ago, Fish Farmer said:

I think there's a lot of people thinking the cop should have squeezed one off....

Totally understand this sentiment but I'm glad he didn't. Btw, his father was an officer in Hong Kong so he must have learned lessons watching his father.

So let's say PC Lam did shoot and kill the driver, what that does is it leaves an extremely important question unanswered for the families of those who were struck. I know I'd need an answer to that question as it's part of the healing process and allows one to deal with what happened. If he's dead, that question will never be answered and will linger and simmer forever. I'd want, and need closure. 

11 minutes ago, woodenboater said:

Totally understand this sentiment but I'm glad he didn't. Btw, his father was an officer in Hong Kong so he must have learned lessons watching his father.

So let's say PC Lam did shoot and kill the driver, what that does is it leaves an extremely important question unanswered for the families of those who were struck. I know I'd need an answer to that question as it's part of the healing process and allows one to deal with what happened. If he's dead, that question will never be answered and will linger and simmer forever. I'd want, and need closure. 

You make a very good point.

After said and done, Capital punishment comes to mind,  trash is 100% guilty. 

Another way to look at it is if he'd have been killed it would be over for him but if we can lock him up forever he's got everyday for many years to suffer in a tiny cramped cell with hopefully, NO chance of ever getting out.

But unlike Bernardo, let's not allow him any comfort or enjoyment like TV or computer or anything to read....EVER.

Edited by lew

5 minutes ago, lew said:

Another way to look at it is if he'd have been killed it would be over for him but if we can lock him up forever he's got everyday for many years to suffer in a tiny cramped cell with hopefully, NO chance of ever getting out.

But unlike Bernardo, let's not allow him any comfort or enjoyment like TV or computer or anything to read....EVER.

:D:D and food all out of date like 5 years old porridge, stale bread , rancid meat. dog food.