Tjames09

trolling motor installation?

I ran them on a pair of 24s, they just couldn't take it..   Group 31s are now in the boat and they are up to the task.

Well I attempted to instal this today but I was way in over my head. I only managed to arrange the batteries and instal the plug lol. I can’t find a spot for the charger it’s so big. 

My MK330 was pretty heavy which is why I left it out of the boat. My dad does the same thing with his boat/charger. 

My advice, leave it out. If you really want it on the boat, you can extend the leads and mount it somewhere else. 

Did you install quick release for the charger cables? Or do you just reinstall them every time? 

I was was thinking of just leaving the charger out but kind of defeats the purpose. 

On 4/29/2018 at 10:31 PM, Tjames09 said:

I was was thinking of just leaving the charger out but kind of defeats the purpose. 

id still try any find a way to get a charger in the boat, even if it meant extending the cables so that you could mount it elsewhere...

theres gotta be somewhere in your engine bay to slip it in. Then run your cables to the front? Thats what we did with the alumicraft, charger in the back and ran cables for the TM to the front compartment.

A bank charger is literally one of the best friggin things a person can get for a boat...never having to carry car batteries in and out of the boat is maybe one of the best things ever.

Edited by AKRISONER

one thing with these on board charger. They put a lot of heat out and that shorts there life.

I always open the cabinet to let heat escape.

25 minutes ago, Garnet said:

one thing with these on board charger. They put a lot of heat out and that shorts there life.

I always open the cabinet to let heat escape.

Correct me if I am wrong, but not leaving your charger/battery area open while charging is actually extremely dangerous due to the potential build up of hydrogen gas...like you are never supposed to air tight seal something while it is charging.

If you over charge the crap out of them.  A decent smart onboard charger shouldn't do that.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.