Is 10LB Braided line to light?

LittleWorm

On 2018-04-23 at 7:35 AM, steellee said:

Anyone ever try the daiwa J - braid. See it around and know daiwa often makes a decent product. May try next time I need to replace

I've been curious about J Braid as well.  I just assumed it was some 'made in china' generic braid that Daiwa brands as their own.  Would be interesting to hear from someone at Daiwa where it comes from/who makes it.  I know a Daiwa rep, I'll try to remember next time I see him.

Edited by TheKawarthaAngler

On 4/22/2018 at 7:26 AM, singingdog said:

I have experimented a fair bit with very thin braid and nanofil. I really thought it would help on back lakes, where being able to throw light lures as far as possible matters. 10 lb braid helps, the right rod helps waaaay more.

4-6lb Nano casts a mile.   It's actually ridiculous.  

1 hour ago, TheKawarthaAngler said:

I've been curious about J Braid as well.  I just assumed it was some 'made in china' generic braid that Daiwa brands as their own.  Would be interesting to hear from someone at Daiwa where it comes from/who makes it.  I know a Daiwa rep, I'll try to remember next time I see him.

It is made in Japan

8 hours ago, BillM said:

4-6lb Nano casts a mile.   It's actually ridiculous.  

Oh yeah!  I've had to stop casts because I was going to be too far from my target (ie hung in a tree or dock)

2 hours ago, GBW said:

Oh yeah!  I've had to stop casts because I was going to be too far from my target (ie hung in a tree or dock)

My oldman loves to catch docks, trees or anything else on shore :)    I gotta start spooling his reel with 25lb mono, lol!  

So I decided to order 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01JVKUO8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

and give it a try. I figure $25 is not the end of the world if is not good and if it is then its a lot cheaper then PP. Well it arrived today and they sent me the wrong damn one.  Instead of the 20lb 500y moss green they sent me a spool of 50lb 1500y moss green. Ugggggg

50lb is much more then I will ever need ,,, unless I throw it on me spincast Zebco 808. I don't have baitcaster and all my other reels are spinning reels so the 50lb is to heavy .

Edited by LittleWorm

5 minutes ago, LittleWorm said:

So I decided to order 

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01JVKUO8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&th=1

and give it a try. I figure $25 is not the end of the world if is not good and if it is then its a lot cheaper then PP. Well it arrived today and they sent me the wrong damn one.  Instead of the 20lb 500y moss green they sent me a spool of 50lb 1500y moss green. Ugggggg

Sounds like almost everyone is having the exact same issue. Some people are saying its "thicker than Power Pro" and others are realizing the problem that they are getting 50lb braid.

Throw it on a baitcaster it wont be so bad. I wouldnt use it in a spinning reel though. Considering braid lasts me at least 2 years at a time and i fish 300+ hours a year...I wont every switch off of suffix or PP.

Edited by AKRISONER

1 minute ago, AKRISONER said:

Sounds like almost everyone is having the exact same issue. Some people are saying its "thicker than Power Pro" and others are realizing the problem that they are getting 50lb braid.

Throw it on a baitcaster it wont be so bad. I wouldnt use it in a spinning reel though. Considering braid lasts me at least 2 years at a time and i fish 300+ hours a year...I wont every switch off of suffix or PP.

I don't won a baitcaster, and with my coordination its probably a good thing I don't!

9 minutes ago, LittleWorm said:

Well it arrived today and they sent me the wrong damn one.  Instead of the 20lb 500y moss green they sent me a spool of 50lb 1500y moss green. Ugggggg

Wow.  That's a great deal.  :)   1500 yards for the price of 500 yards.

Put it on Kijiji ... shouldn't have a problem selling it.