lew

screen contrast

7 posts in this topic

I bought a new 27" Samsung computer monitor a few months ago and it has a button on the back of the screen for adjusting everything, but no matter what I do I can't get a good contrast between what I'm trying to read and the background and most of the print appears basically darkish grey on a light grey background.

Doesn't matter what website I'm reading, they're all the same and I'd sure like to have dark black print against a white backround. Every other monitor I've ever had has had great contrast, even my el cheapo laptop

Other than the adjustments on the back of the screen, is there anything in my computer that I could change to make it better ??

I'm using Windows 7 if that helps.

If you right mouse click on your desktop you will see screen option or graphics options and you can change resolution  and other  setting that can make a difference

Thanks Terry, I've already tried all that stuff and it just doesn't come up as good as I'd hoped.  Funny cause any colors come up very bright and realistic but any print is low contrast.

Oh well, maybe it's as good as it gets.

Thanks again, always appreciate your help.

Edited by lew

Depends on which windows you have

Go to control panel to appearance and personalize  and go to fonts

Click on adjust clear type text and check

Edited by Terry

That seems to have helped Terry, contrast is better now and once more, appreciate all your assistance on these computer issues.