Orilla Perch Festival

DJGeneral

Just read that the Festival is this weekend anyone going? i personally never been but im thinking about going just to see what the festivities are like

but i also read a couple posts that there is still ice out there wouldnt this affect the fishing?

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

You might have a bit of a problem launching a boat.  If ice was affecting perch fishing, then no one has let the perch know all winter long.

what i was referring too was the ppl trying to fish the narrows from shore

i looked at pictures from previous festivals and notice everyone fishing from shore in the narrows

i thought the fact that there is still ice there that ppl wouldn't be able to fish the narrows or fish at all

9 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Oh, okay there are spots by the old railroad bridge on the west side but I can imagine that there will be a lot of people there.  I don't know if they still allow fishing from the wharf of the south side. 

PRIVATE

Shore fishing for this event is very limited. Thats the biggest pisser about this derby. I remember when I went to my first one, shore spots were plentiful. Then the  private land issue started, which in turn created less shore to fish from. The the garbage left behind, which closed off more shore fishing.

The one In Barrie during the fall, has plenty of shore for the anglers to use. Most tagged perch are caught by the shore anglers. Im not quite sure on the number of tickets sold for this event. Barrie use to have a great fall perch run 20+ years ago. The bay would be loaded with boats. Now not so many.

23 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

Oh, okay there are spots by the old railroad bridge on the west side but I can imagine that there will be a lot of people there.  I don't know if they still allow fishing from the wharf of the south side. 

7 minutes ago, misfish said:

PRIVATE

Shore fishing for this event is very limited. Thats the biggest pisser about this derby. I remember when I went to my first one, shore spots were plentiful. Then the  private land issue started, which in turn created less shore to fish from. The the garbage left behind, which closed off more shore fishing.

The one In Barrie during the fall, has plenty of shore for the anglers to use. Most tagged perch are caught by the shore anglers. Im not quite sure on the number of tickets sold for this event. Barrie use to have a great fall perch run 20+ years ago. The bay would be loaded with boats. Now not so many.

Well with that being said guys i guess im cancelling my trip the last thing i wanna be doing is driving around looking for open water and shore spots

ill save my derby fever for the fall

i guess ill try the canals in keswick or the holland river