ANGRY Lake Ontario

Last week I took these couple of pics.   So calm and amazingly beautiful.  It was a much different story today. 

IMG_1904.JPGIMG_2017.JPG

With the wicked winds and wind direction I heard the Lake Ontario Shore line in Oakville was getting hammered.  I took a drive down and wow I don't know if I have ever seen it this bad.  The waves are over the peer and the shorelines are washed out.  Pretty incredible power.  If you are from the area you will know where this is and understand how crazy this is.  

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2774.JPGIMG_2786.JPGIMG_2801.JPGIMG_2816.JPGIMG_2815.JPGIMG_2795.JPG

Sadly this bass didn't make it.  This was 15ft washed in from shore to give you an idea of how far the water being washed in.  

IMG_2721.JPG

IMG_2816.JPG

woah!  that is where I fish usually.  Haven't caught anything yet lol.  Was there last week and it was smooth like glass! Have seen it crazy at this spot but never this crazy! Great shots!

Edited by huzzsaba

7 hours ago, huzzsaba said:

woah!  that is where I fish usually.  Haven't caught anything yet lol.  Was there last week and it was smooth like glass! Have seen it crazy at this spot but never this crazy! Great shots!

hey I grew up fishing 16 mile creek and there are tons of fish there.  Bass, Walleye, Pike, Salmon, rainbows and browns just depending on the time of year.  All from shore! 

Cheers!

Wasn't any better on the south shore either, I'm close enough that I can heard it and saw it from the end of the driveway, but I didn't venture out in that weather to have a looksee close up,  just heard it letting the dogs in and out. Nobody was fishing our  pier this weekend I assume.

Just saw on CHCH 11 News some homes just west of the entrance to 50 Point Harbour getting hammered pretty good.

Edited by dave524

12 hours ago, lunkerbasshunter said:

hey I grew up fishing 16 mile creek and there are tons of fish there.  Bass, Walleye, Pike, Salmon, rainbows and browns just depending on the time of year.  All from shore! 

Cheers!

thanks for the heads up. will keep trying.  perhaps will bump into each other some day at the pier, or maybe we have lol.

On 4/16/2018 at 6:13 PM, huzzsaba said:

thanks for the heads up. will keep trying.  perhaps will bump into each other some day at the pier, or maybe we have lol.

hey there,  its been a while since i have fished the creeks and rivers in the area.  most of my fishing is done in parry sound and temagami now. I am down to the piers there just for the scenery now more then anything.  Pay attn to the birds.   if they move from the lake to inside the piers up the river a bit it means the baitfish they are feeding on was pushed into the creek.  if so that is the best chance at getting a day you will never forgot from shore.