Flowers in the garden.....

lew

3 or 4 inches of snow over here and that's lots better than the 8-12 inches they were calling for, but no freezing rain yet but it sounds like there's plenty on the way.

Edited by lew

I've got dozens of birds around my feeders and lots of food for them, chickadees, cardinals, doves, sparrows, bluejays, crows and plenty of robins wondering why the heck did I leave Florida :D

Edited by lew

WTH !!!! Is this really April? Most years I have my veggie garden tilled in March. Sometimes even have early stuff planted in March....but I ALWAYS have stuff planted by the first week of April....until this year.  My tiller hasn't even been out of the garage yet:( Strange year  when the warmest weather we have had for 2018 so far was in February:(:(:(:(:(

51 minutes ago, bigugli said:

And every 15-20 years we get to see snow in May. Wasn't that long ago I was in Orillia for perchfest around the 1st of May and got caught in spring clothes when the snow started coming down,

Yeah I know we have had snow in May before...BUT... this is  a little outside what I have ever seen this time of year. I don't think I have ever had to actually shovel snow this late in the year.  Generally this time of year the snow melts as soon as it falls or whatever  actually covers the ground isn't enough to bother getting the shovel out for. I'm chomping at the bit to get the veggie garden going and my fig trees out of the cold cellar and into the yard, but mother nature is not doing her part:angry:

Edit to add. Thx again for the garlic cloves you gave me last fall Bruce. That and my Rhubarb are the only things I have going so far. Both are poking out of the ground looking for the sun.

Edited by crappieperchhunter

Out like a LION

I did see something last week I had never seen. There must of been 100 robins on the plant lawn. They were all bigg,ns too. Then on Friday, I seen about 30 cardinals. They were flying about and singing like crazy.

Buddy sent me a picture from 5 years ago yesterday. It was supposed to be cool but calm and we got wind,sleet and snow. If it wasnt for the Osprey swooping down and coming up talons full of Crappie the day would have been a write off. It happens. The positive is we have to run into warmer weather one way or another.

1 hour ago, crappieperchhunter said:

Yeah I know we have had snow in May before...BUT... this is  a little outside what I have ever seen this time of year. I don't think I have ever had to actually shovel snow this late in the year.  Generally this time of year the snow melts as soon as it falls or whatever  actually covers the ground isn't enough to bother getting the shovel out for. I'm chomping at the bit to get the veggie garden going and my fig trees out of the cold cellar and into the yard, but mother nature is not doing her part:angry:

Edit to add. Thx again for the garlic cloves you gave me last fall Bruce. That and my Rhubarb are the only things I have going so far. Both are poking out of the ground looking for the sun.

We've actually been through this before back in the late 60's. Late April, beginning of May, Mom was in Sudbury and we were being watched by Gram. The ice started Friday into the next morning, followed by a foot or more of snow. Schools were closed for 3 days, and we could not go outside because the power lines in front of the house were down and buried in the ice and snow.  After that came the flooded ditches with the melt.