54" or 60" trolling motor? 16ft boat

Tjames09

replacing my trolling motor this year from a motor guide 55lb to minn Kota 80lb. not sure if I should be going with 54 or 60" length.

Boats a legend excalibur 16ft.

Edit: haha never mind, you cant buy a 54" 80lb thrust. Mod you can delete this.

Edited by Tjames09

Ive been using a 70lb pd for the last 5 years. The previous one had a 54" shaft and the new one a 60" shaft. Good power and enough shaft so the prop stays in the water even with a decent chop. i believe they still come with a 54" shaft. 

22 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Most of you guys aren't watching FLW live today.

All but 1 guy is using Fortrex cable steer because of what the are fishing.

I will guarantee they all have the Unltrex and will use it if  type of fishing dictates.   

I'm not sure on what models that spot lock feature is available on, but it seems to be the new rage?

7 hours ago, Garnet said:

Most of you guys aren't watching FLW live today.

All but 1 guy is using Fortrex cable steer because of what the are fishing.

I will guarantee they all have the Unltrex and will use it if  type of fishing dictates.   

I was looking at getting the terrova 60" 80lbs. Most of the models seem to all have the same/similar features. Looking for the spot lock/I-pilot features.

1 hour ago, Tjames09 said:

I was looking at getting the terrova 60" 80lbs. Most of the models seem to all have the same/similar features. Looking for the spot lock/I-pilot features.

just like any lady will tell you, longer is better lol

Let me know if you find any decent pricing, I am looking for the exact same motor for a good deal as we speak.

On 2018-04-15 at 7:58 PM, AKRISONER said:

just like any lady will tell you, longer is better lol

Let me know if you find any decent pricing, I am looking for the exact same motor for a good deal as we speak.

Best price I’ve seen is at sail. 2149 I think. 

I had the same problem last year when I upgraded, the decision was made easy, as you mentioned they only have the 60" in the 80lb version, I was still anxious though that it would take up too much space/not fit right for my 16' Alumacraft, I need not have worried, it fits perfectly and the extra length comes in handy in choppy conditions. GO FOR IT!