Bay of Quinte

mrpike

Hello! folks.  I was just wondering if by chance anyone from this forum is going down for the opener, I will be there the first two weekends  in MAY fishing out of Hey Bay . IT's  been a while since I have done the spring walleye . Any sign of the walleye coming in to the Bay Yet .?   Any info on conditions down that way would be helpful thanks .

Edited by mrpike

Walleye have been in the Bay since November feeding all winter. If I were you head out of Hay Bay and into the main portion of the Bay near Thompson Pt & Sherman Pt and search for active schools of fish trolling with deep diving crankbaits and worm harnesses. Match the depth your bait is running to the depth of the biggest concentration of fish. Troll between 0.9-1.7 mph.

There are LOTS of walleye there - all the time.  You can hit them in many places, with a variety of presentations!  Out of Hay Bay, you can fish the outer 3rd of it, into Long Reach and Down into Picton Bay.  You def. stick right in Hay - you can drift and drag and catch a lot of fish!