Lowrance glitch? Lowrance experts pls help!

b_cdot

I have a gen 3 on the console and a gen 1 on the bow. I have an 83/200 skimmer and an lss2 transducer. No issues with these 2 units last year. Wow that changed! Go out today for the first time and immediately notice I have no temp reading on my gen 3 (console). Never had this problem last year. Then I reset defaults and my temp magically appears. I get out fishing and as soon as I turn on my bow unit (gen1) my temp disappears on console despite the 2 units sourced to themselves. Then I noticed my SOG changed from mph to knots on my bow unit. I reset my defaults on both units a few times. I kept losing my temp reading on console and then realized that my nav chip wont network to my gen 1 anymore. I played around even with network sonar turned off and these units are still messing with eachother. I go to multi source option in sonar menu and it says that my hds gen 1 is preventing the multi source network. What a cluster fu%k it was. Is the new lowrance update messing with this networking? Has anyone had this problem? I know this sounds confusing but this was my day today trying to figure out these units. Like I said no problems whatsoever last year between these two units....

Edited by b_cdot

Not sure about the temp settings, but the Gen 1 HDS units arent able to share maps. That functionality came in from Gen 2 and on. 

I have a Carbon 12, Gen 2 10 and a Gen 1 8 and with the 8, its own mapping card is needed. 

As for the knots/mph, under settings, their should be a section with Units, i believe under system. Still have my boat put away or else i would of checked for you. 

is it possible my old navionics gold card was sharing from gen 3 to gen 1? I just upgraded to navionics plus this year? I could swear I was map networking last year. I threw my nav card into the hds 5 and I have all updated maps. Won't share anymore. Tks for the reply Danbob.

Sorry, can't help you at all. Pretty much everything you posted reads like some foreign language! lol

Sure glad we have all these new fangled gadgets to really enhance our pleasure and enjoyment on the water.

Best of luck sorting these issues out. I do believe in Lowrance products though.

Edited by Rattletrap2

Man that sure does bite. I really can't help you as it all sounds Greek to me too. My Garmin units would go wonky if I turned on the stereo, if I turned on the stereo first then powered up the units they were fine. Also low voltage would shut the Combo screen off. I have found if transducer cables are too close to one another that effected the units as well.

Did any mice get in their and chew on cables over the winter?

As far as I know, the Gen 1 cannot and won't ever be able share maps over ethernet or NMEA networks.  If it worked before I really don't know how. 

As far as all the other glitches going on, I'm not sure I can help.  The temp probes on the WSBL transducers can go bad over time but that doesn't explain all the other issues.  I would try disconnecting the the Gen 1 and see if everything on the Gen 3 is working and go from there....  

Voltage is no issue. Bow transducer and transom transducer so there shouldnt be any interference. The mouse mention is scary. But i might have to look. I was under the console and saw nothing fishy. I will check the ethernet cord. i think its funny when youre on the water and u dont even want to fish u just want to figure this out for next time. I really feel as though the new update or me doing resets messed up the communication between the 2.. i plugged it in last night and they were reading temeperature. I reset kts to mph. Just gotta see how it acts on the water

Edited by b_cdot

58 minutes ago, b_cdot said:

Thanks for tge replies. Any idea why it would say that my bow unit is preventing it from multi sourcing?

I'm wondering if the Gen 1 has crapped the bed....that's why I was thinking it may be an idea to disconnect it to make sure all is well with the Gen 3 before going too crazy.  

4 minutes ago, b_cdot said:

Haha crapped the bed sounds like whats happening. It has to be the new update that messed up the communication.

New update on the Gen 3  I assume? Gen 1 hasn't had one in years.  I just installed the latest on my 3 and have had no hiccups between it and the Gen 2's whatsoever.  I kind of doubt that update would be an issue but ya never know....