$3,000 fine for over double limit

farsider

Dutch needs to get control of himself as EVERYTHING ANYONE says that he doesn't like is racist to  him and should not be allowed because HE says so..........SAD...

Now back to the problem at hand........just like many of us who fish in high priced boats, if we see a fish/game violation we do our best to report the violator to  the proper authorities. Time for those bucket shore anglers to do the same, don't you think ! ! !

53 minutes ago, Mister G said:

Dutch needs to get control of himself as EVERYTHING ANYONE says that he doesn't like is racist to  him and should not be allowed because HE says so..........SAD...

Now back to the problem at hand........just like many of us who fish in high priced boats, if we see a fish/game violation we do our best to report the violator to  the proper authorities. Time for those bucket shore anglers to do the same, don't you think ! ! !

You're welcome to your opinion. Until the mods put me on restrictions I'm entitled to mine too.

Clearly at least some others saw it the same way I did as they commented as such. This is "Ontario Fishing COMMUNITY", comments that slander an ethic minority tell them they aren't welcome here, at least with some members. Is that the message OFC wants to be sending? And if you think there's no racism and I'm lifting up rocks looking for it, you are not paying attention. I often fish with visible minorities and you would be shocked at some of the things I've seen and heard.

In the end, if you don't like my posts you're free to disagree or just skip on by them as I would do with posts that I don't find interesting. What I wouldn't do though, is tell you to "calm down" and try to tell you what you can and can't say. Unless you are making derogatory comments. Then I will chime in, but I'm sure you knew that already.

Edited by Dutch01

8 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

And if you think there's no racism and I'm lifting up rocks looking for it, you are not paying attention. 

Well, now that YOU brought it up I would say not only do you lift rocks on any post looking for it but you also rake the sands to make sure everyone is on high alert from you. Again SAD......

The fine seems to match the crime in my eyes.  On our lake the ministry is telling us to take them out and not let them go as they are an invasive species.  (crappie are huge and tasty on our lake). That being said if you can't get a really good meal our of 30 crappie and feel you want to break the MNR laws then you should be fined and I am happy to see the CO catch this person and even happier to see he actually got fined.  

1 hour ago, Mister G said:

Well, now that YOU brought it up I would say not only do you lift rocks on any post looking for it but you also rake the sands to make sure everyone is on high alert from you. Again SAD......

You can spare us the Trump impersonation. The only thing SAD is that I called some people for posts that were offside, and you seem to want to defend the posts by attacking the messenger.

45 minutes ago, lew said:

So sad that so many posts go down the drain around here lately, no wonder most of the old regulars have left this place.

yep, not sure how a post about the MNR doing good has turned into an alleged racist thread with some trump thrown in for good measure but it happened sadly.  

We all need to go fishing I think!

Why don't they have a fine per fish? 1-2 fish over = $1000. Then $1000 per fish after that. This would have been $35-37g. That might hurt a little more. 

Although I like the idea of a lifetime ban, I get the idea people would just keep fishing anyways. 6 months community service or house arrest for repeat offenders? I dunno. Just spit balling ideas and my wish list. 

9 minutes ago, Mister G said:

I'm sorry if I'm posting right over your head.........I pointed out you look for racists problems that are not there. 

BTW isn't calling someone a Trump impersonator racist in your own mind ? ? ?

I'm sorry if my post went over your head.

There are racist comments on display right in this thread. You just seem to be unable or unwilling to see them.

I asked you to spare us from an overused phase from a clown. It's not racist to say so to you as I don't even know you're white.

27 minutes ago, lunkerbasshunter said:

yep, not sure how a post about the MNR doing good has turned into an alleged racist thread with some trump thrown in for good measure but it happened sadly.  

We all need to go fishing I think!

On the day mods tell me I have to ignore derogatory comments I will do so.

Posters who want to know how a thread about a fine goes awry need to look to those who made the comments, not to those who called them out.

Edited by Dutch01

We all take in information and filter it through our prism of lifetime experiences and personal biases.

This thread was supposed to be about some enforcement for once.

Most of all this frustration stems from lack of enforcement.  We see habitual poachers, call it in and nothing changes.

Be it buckets or the gong show the river fisherman have to endure during the spawning runs for Trout in the spring and especially the fall Salmon run, or others.  Poaching with impunity and seemingly few repercussions.

Little to zero enforcement breeds more frustration.  We play by the rules and respect the resource for future opportunities but see others abusing at will.

I was glad that some enforcement was taking place.

Although, the punishment seemed low, I guess there would be less guilty pleas if the vehicle was taken and fines where higher.

I am glad Dutch has called in the habitual abusers he has encountered when he night fishes.  He must know first hand the frustration that results after nothing changes even after he has repeatedly called it in. 

Cheers,

Mark

15 minutes ago, farsider said:

We all take in information and filter it through our prism of lifetime experiences and personal biases.

This thread was supposed to be about some enforcement for once.

Most of all this frustration stems from lack of enforcement.  We see habitual poachers, call it in and nothing changes.

Be it buckets or the gong show the river fisherman have to endure during the spawning runs for Trout in the spring and especially the fall Salmon run, or others.  Poaching with impunity and seemingly few repercussions.

Little to zero enforcement breeds more frustration.  We play by the rules and respect the resource for future opportunities but see others abusing at will.

I was glad that some enforcement was taking place.

Although, the punishment seemed low, I guess there would be less guilty pleas if the vehicle was taken and fines where higher.

I am glad Dutch has called in the habitual abusers he has encountered when he night fishes.  He must know first hand the frustration that results after nothing changes even after he has repeatedly called it in. 

Cheers,

Mark

Thanks, and agree poaching by anyone is frustrating for everyone. I fully support calling out poachers.

Edited by Dutch01

We all know its those darn white asian American Leaf fans that live in Brampton and who married Canadians from Scottish, Irish and Icelandic decent...on my father's side. They drive me nuts. :P

Poachers are people who posess very few morals and last time I checked, that was a global issue. The crowd around here is pretty good, I think we can move on.

6 hours ago, jerpears1 said:

Why don't they have a fine per fish? 1-2 fish over = $1000. Then $1000 per fish after that. This would have been $35-37g. That might hurt a little more. 

Although I like the idea of a lifetime ban, I get the idea people would just keep fishing anyways. 6 months community service or house arrest for repeat offenders? I dunno. Just spit balling ideas and my wish list. 

Guess you haven't read the thread. That is how it works. Its a fine per fish. 

On 2018-04-13 at 2:34 PM, AKRISONER said:

the yellow bucket brigade strikes again

3 grand...? what a joke how about lifetime ban plus the fine.

You guys are missing the point. I could not gives a rats ass about the white bucket comment.

Look at the yellow bucket comments. There are quite a number of asian members on here who would not say anything and ignore it. But thats not me.

14 minutes ago, salmon said:

You guys are missing the point. I could not gives a rats ass about the white bucket comment.

Look at the yellow bucket comments. There are quite a number of asian members on here who would not say anything and ignore it. But thats not me.

Oh, ok I did not know yellow bucket  meant Asian fishermen,  now I see what you are saying

I had a white PAIL in my truck all ice season. I used it to sit on,put my fish in, to carry gear so it wouldn't fall off my toboggan.  I even used it for my finder to sit on.  If I had a blue,black,orange hell even pink, I would still had used it. 

I made a comment in one  my perch outing videos last year.  Some of you guys really need to chill on the bucket thing. 

Just skip to 3:33