Paracord Trolling Motor Rope Replacement

AKRISONER

anyone tried this out?

My ropes pooched but ive never really messed around with paracord. i figure i could switch it out each year if it starts to wear down?

Im considering making my own G force handle at some point using a lawn mower replacement handle and Dog tie coated cable. Lil DYI project.,

Replacing the broken cord on my Motor Guide was fairly simple really. I think if I remember I used a stiff piece of wire leader  as a fish line with the cord tapped to it. I always keep some cordage and a roll of electrical and duct tape on the boat. It took all of 10 minutes. I always intended to change it to a better quality cord but it is still there. Now I have another to do when it stops snowing.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

On 4/14/2018 at 10:51 AM, ecmilley said:

Th marine.. makes steel cable and pull handle. Have one om my motorguide digital and.my.112 foretrex never need another again

I know they do, and they want $50 for an 8 dollar handle and $4 worth of coated cable...i think this should make for a nice DIY project when I have a moment. 

Thanks for finding me it again lape!

Edited by AKRISONER

as others have said, paracord is not a good idea except in an emergency.  The "REAL THING" has 550 pound breaking strength, but the sheath around the nylon fibres is apt to separate.

I think this is one of those areas where the OEM part is a good idea.........

Doug