Kawartha Ice.

captpierre

Took a drive to the cottage today. 

Scugog causeway. No ice. South Pigeon. No ice.  Gannon Narrows. No ice. Bridgenorth causeway. Just a bit of wind blow ice. Rest clear.  North east Pigeon still iced up. Water levels rising but still 1 ft below summer levels. 

On behalf of everyone... thanks for the updates!

I live across the street from Scugog and the Caesarea side of Scugog has been clear and open for almost 2 weeks. Guys have been out almost everyday the last week and a bit.

7 hours ago, Stoty said:

On behalf of everyone... thanks for the updates!

I live across the street from Scugog and the Caesarea side of Scugog has been clear and open for almost 2 weeks. Guys have been out almost everyday the last week and a bit.

Man, that lake gets hit hard and early. At least someone is getting out on the open water.

It sure does Jimmer. I live across the street from it yet barely ever fish it cause launching a boat is such a pain once the bass season is open. Heck I’ve been down to the pier at night a few times wanting to take my little guys fishing and I can’t because it’s literally PACKED. And the garbage that’s left all over the place...is crazy. 

I usually always choose to drive a bit to get away from the crowds. Gas companies sure love us fishermen. LOL