captpierre

Kawartha Ice.

Took a drive to the cottage today. 

Scugog causeway. No ice. South Pigeon. No ice.  Gannon Narrows. No ice. Bridgenorth causeway. Just a bit of wind blow ice. Rest clear.  North east Pigeon still iced up. Water levels rising but still 1 ft below summer levels. 

On behalf of everyone... thanks for the updates!

I live across the street from Scugog and the Caesarea side of Scugog has been clear and open for almost 2 weeks. Guys have been out almost everyday the last week and a bit.

7 hours ago, Stoty said:

On behalf of everyone... thanks for the updates!

I live across the street from Scugog and the Caesarea side of Scugog has been clear and open for almost 2 weeks. Guys have been out almost everyday the last week and a bit.

Man, that lake gets hit hard and early. At least someone is getting out on the open water.

It sure does Jimmer. I live across the street from it yet barely ever fish it cause launching a boat is such a pain once the bass season is open. Heck I’ve been down to the pier at night a few times wanting to take my little guys fishing and I can’t because it’s literally PACKED. And the garbage that’s left all over the place...is crazy. 

I usually always choose to drive a bit to get away from the crowds. Gas companies sure love us fishermen. LOL

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.