Dodge XWRP warranty scam?

Rizzo

Ya I called Chris too when I was going through this. Fortunately I never had to go to court...I ended up getting 2000 out of the 2500 I was owed so left it at that...same as you...was losing A LOT of sleep. At the time I really needed that refund and had "budgeted" it. Was a disastrous experience to say the least

• Like 1

Same here Rizzo....Made some decisions based on this refund.  The transmission blew at 108,000km.  Decided to keep the van and have it repaired knowing we had $2500.00 coming our way.  At this time with four kids and a couple in university we are feeling this loss.  Plan is to take this one step at a time via email only because I’ll have a tough time keeping my cool over the phone plus want everything in writing.  If we don’t get the money I want to at least ruffle some feathers to prevent others falling for this scam.  I knew without a doubt I would hit the 100,000 mark in about 3.5-4 years, I should not have been sold this.

33 minutes ago, Kverde said:

If we don’t get the money I want to at least ruffle some feathers to prevent others falling for this scam.

emails and internet posts won't really ruffle any feathers, and not getting your money should not be an option,

if you want to go the small claims route, I'll serve the papers and we'll go to court together, I just abhor Bull scams like this

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did emails, faxes, phonecalls...you name it. I was absolutely relentless....because I was very skeptical when I bought it...couldn't believe I fell for their scam. When the lady at Dodge sold it to me I actually told her "If this doesn't work out...I will be your worst nightmare".  I am a man of my word. They tricked me, got my money, I was not going away without being an immense pain in the butt.  After all, I did warn them I would be incredibly annoying if it didn't work out as they promised. And I was. All phone calls I made I took notes and recorded the day/time/who I spoke with. Right now I would say your bigger beef is with the dealership...they should never have sold it to to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I even had one of those "consumer protection" tv groups tee'd up to go interview Dodge about why they were not helping me....then I got a good chunk of the $ back. I had been having chest pains from the stress/anxiety....just decided to let it go for the sake of my health. Also had a case set up with their governing body...let that go too. I guess that squeeky wheel expression worked in my case. But it never should have come to that. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

emails and internet posts won't really ruffle any feathers, and not getting your money should not be an option,

if you want to go the small claims route, I'll serve the papers and we'll go to court together, I just abhor Bull scams like this

I can't give you enough props for this Chris ! let's hope Google brings this thread to the top of their searches for xwrp. stinking snakes they are

• Like 1

Again, so grateful for this community!  I think the lack of sleep has made me feel a bit defeated.  Yes, Chris you are right, I will get my money back and thanks for the incredible support.  It’s easy to lose faith in people when you’ve been scammed and then people like you and Rizzo show up to prove there are exceptionally good people out there.

I received a response from the dealership and they are calling Xwrp on Monday.

Thanks to Rizzo and member iionly, the info they provided on this thread has lead me to the “denial reason”.  Which is very vague and indicates when the contract expires but does not state the refund will not be issued.

This is what the contract states....

”Warranty Refund” means a Warranty Refund program in which the underlying Warranty Contract must expire by time only.” 

So it has expired by time, issue my refund!

Let me know how it all goes. I still havn't gone through small claims court for this as it was making me so angry I had to stop for a while. But there is a 2 year limitation period. I'm planning on going via this route soon. I will be using the letter given to me by the dealership that states mileage is not a reason to deny my refund and the slideshow that I posted as well. I intend to get 100% of my refund. 

• Thanks 1

It's not just the money, it's the stress and headaches I can see Rizzo, iionly and Kverde have gone through that really ticks me off.

iionly or Kverde, if you want a wingman, pm me, I'd enjoy helping out, like I said before I've been through the process, I had a dealership and Ford Credit screw me and then blame each other so I served them both and let the judge figure it out, and figure it out he did

Edited by chris.brock
  • Thanks 1

I must say this has been a very interesting thread that I've enjoyed following. It really ticks me off too hearing about these corrupt dealerships and credit agencies that have to damn well know that they are screwing folks and for the most part can get away with it against the average Joe. Great on you guys for fighting back and recouping your coin. I strongly suggest taking Chris up on his offer, his ruling could even set a precedent for your own issues.

Lastly, if it was me that had to go through this crap I would still be super ticked even if I got all my money back and I would want to get back at them for sure. Obviously for one citizen it's hard to go against big corp, but this sounds like the perfect issue for the investigative news media to latch on to, like Market Place or The Fifth Estate. Can you imagine the potential class action lawsuits. I can't imagine a better revenge ?

Good luck guys. Cheers

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rizzo said:

Go get em! If anything good comes of this there have been 10,000 views to this post...hopefully that prevents others from being scammed...or it stops car salespeople with a conscience from selling this scammer policy

Devils advocate time...

Is it really a scam when the customer chooses to sign papers without reading and fully understanding what they're signing? You admitted to not reading and understanding the contract you signed, something that is quite common when people are excited about buying a new vehicle and is likely something dealerships count on. I wouldn't call this a scam, I would call it taking advantage of people who don't exercise due diligence.

It boggles my mind how many people are so eager to put their signature on legally binding paperwork without understanding what they're signing. According to an old highschool buddy at the dealership we bought an SUV from last year...."Most people don't even bother reading the contract, they just want to sign and drive away." 

I read the paperwork completely. The wording  does not say that it would be invalid if you go over100k. Furthermore, the signed letter that I have by the dealership and the slideshow also contradict what the xwrp company is saying. xwrp is scamming people 100%. The original company went bankrupt and this new one is trying to save money by defrauding people. You are not being devils advocate if you are uninformed yourself. 

• Like 1

I also read it completely. There was no reason for them not to give me my money back, that is why they eventually gave me 2000, after a MASSIVE fight.  So now I am out $500. Am I gonna take them to court over 500? No...too much trouble. That my friend is an absolute scam. Try to steal my 2500, but if you know I am gonna put up a fight, just give 2000 back to shut me up and make it so I won't go to court. The clause they referred to in my "denial" letter didn't even exist! Over and over I asked them to send me proof of this clause in my contract...nobody ever did. In my case it was a clause that I had to provide service records. This clause was NOWHERE to be found, yet it was what they tried to use to not give me my money. 

• Like 2

The overall truth about aftermarket extended auto warranties is that it is an industry that runs companies for a limited time and then they go bust leaving customers in the lurch. It started years ago with International  Warranty which was mainly offered by Toyota dealerships. The Toyota reputation basically smoothed the way forward for most Toyotas leaving dealerships with an extended International Warranty. When they went bust it was a massive shock to the automotive marletplace. Think about it, if Toyota's can drive a warranty company out of business what possible chance would a warranty company have when the vehicals in question are Chryslers. Add in a 100% refund of fees paid for the warranty 4 or 5 years later and I would say that fraud would be 100% of the business model. Similar to financial advisers that just fought tooth and nail to have their scam NOT covered by a fiduciary obligation to clients or health clubs that refuse to do business without a credit card or direct monthly deposit from your bank account. With these industries basically there is no business model that does not include fraud as a mainstay of the business. When you look closely  virtually EVERY business includes some sort of fraud or chicanery to make the $ come in. This weeks Marketplace just exposed 50 to 70% rebates (a polite name for kickbacks) on pharmcuticals and Imams writing up unregistered wedding contracts for guys wanting a second wife.

So the best advice for consumers is to consider every business transaction they get involved with as an opportunity to get scammed and then, to govern themselves accordingly.

8 hours ago, Snidley said:

This weeks Marketplace just exposed 50 to 70% rebates (a polite name for kickbacks) on pharmcuticals and Imams writing up unregistered wedding contracts for guys wanting a second wife.

Did you mean pharmaceuticals?  Are they somehow involved in a second wife?  

13 hours ago, ch312 said:

Devils advocate time...

I don't buy that.

These guys read their contracts, the reasons for getting denied the refund aren't even in the contract, and the salesperson repeatedly, verbally guaranteed the money would be refunded if the warranty wasn't used. 

To suggest they were naive isn't fair. This is obviously a total scam, fraud. 

• Like 2

Illegal rebates on pharmacuticals of up to 70% of retail and , as a separate story, illegal 2nd (and actually up to 4)wives  sanctioned by rouge Imams with pre printed contracts of marriage that apply to second wives but those same  marriges are never registered so go undetected. Bet they cost however. Amazingly bigamy is a 5 year sentance here but these dudes are not worried. And of course why would they be, who has the jam to confront Imams anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

My policy is never buy extended warranty for anything and so far it has served me well. When I buy a new vehicle as soon as I sit down I tell them no service plans no extended warranty no rust protection fabric protection paint protection blah blah blah. They always look at me like they can’t believe it and I am the first person ever to not buy all that crap lol!

Edited by tomkat
Missed a word
  • Like 1

Tomkat that is also my policy...had never bought an extended warranty on anything...until this one. And I was adamant I didn't want it. Didn't even want to hear about. The salesperson convinced me to listen. "Don't use the warranty, you get all your money back". That was a type of "insurance" I was willing to get. If I had a huge repair bill I am covered, if I don't bother using the warranty then I get my 2500.00 back...all I miss out on is the interest that 2500 would have earned me in 5 years...in other words nothing to lose! We even had one $500 repair that we didn't get fixed thru warranty because we didn't want to jeopardize our refund. When it came time to get my 2500 back this is NOT how it all worked out. Not only will I refuse these sales pitches in the future...I will literally laugh when offered it.