Dodge XWRP warranty scam?

Rizzo

Going and making as big a stink at OMVIC would not be a waste of time. This issue is literally their job the stupid pieces. There must be multiple complaints. You might want to go to you provincial riding office to get your rep to get OMVIC off the pot

I bought this extended warranty when I purchased my vehicle thinking it was a no-risk option - I'm covered if something major happens but I can get my money back if I don't use it.  I paid for small repairs that would have been covered personally just to keep the warranty refund option intact.  I never put through any claims.  I just tried applying for a refund only to find out that I missed the 60-day window after the warranty period ends to make the request (this is day 93).  I'm furious!  What bothers me even more is that I exceeded the mileage allowance for the warranty about a year and a half ago and tried to ask for a refund then since I was no longer under their coverage - but they told me I had to wait until the warranty term lapsed!  I'm really angry!  I won't consider an extended warranty like this again!

I am sorry to hear how many of us they have attempted to screw over. I lost my mind on the dealership and xwrp and finally got some justice after a huge fight, but it should never have been this way. This is the stuff that gives the industry a bad name, and for some reason they don't even care. All about money I guess...taking yours...whether honestly or like this. The people who present and sell this stuff should be ashamed

On 5/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, Snidley said:

People selling like this should be more that ashamed they should be charged with fraud. I can't believe such an obvious fraud has not caught the attention of the police or at least OMVIC.

Yup, pretty bad.   

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get my refund as well. I've been asked to submit oil change receipts. Not sure why, but I take it this means they will find any reason to decline the refund. I bought my car from Hunt Club Nissan in Ottawa. This is looking more and more like a scam. 

Thanks for the advice, guys! This is what it says in my contract. I guarantee they will say I didn't get oil changes within Nissan's recommended every 7500 km and deny me on that basis. 

102287191_ScreenShot2019-06-05at6_52_29PM.png.3c75243c29a40829a404d4eedebfea75.png

Edited by Amber

29 minutes ago, Amber said:

Thanks for the advice, guys! This is what it says in my contract. I guarantee they will say I didn't get oil changes within Nissan's recommended every 7500 km and deny me on that basis. 

102287191_ScreenShot2019-06-05at6_52_29PM.png.3c75243c29a40829a404d4eedebfea75.png

The sticker they give me everytime after an oil change is on my window. All my oil changes have been done at Dodge.  MOPAR products. I,m puzzled at times as the km I need to reach,never match the month. I go by mileage not month and I also check the smart reader built in. My stick as of today says, oil change may 15,yet the millage says 68,235. I am at 67,352. Smart reader says I am at 30% before oil change. Check dip stick,oil is darkening,yet still near the full line. I have all receipts in my truck from 2014 when bought new.  I didnt get this XWRP warranty, just adding to your oil change B S claim by them. Prove to me,which one is correct ?

Edited by misfish

• 1 month later...

I remember bringing in my pick up truck back in the 80's for a release bearing problem in the clutch. It was just out of warranty, but that happened on my trip back from Florida.  I called the dealer and they said there was no record of oil changes being done.  My first reply was, what does the oil change have to do with the release bearing and my second  response was that I was fully capable of changing the oil myself. They are always looking for an angle to deny you. They eventually looked at my truck, but said I would be responsible for the labour if they didn't find anything wrong. Well they said that they could find anything and gave me a bill, but low and behold the problem was gone. LOL

• 1 month later...

I didn't start court proceedings. I went the OMVIC route. They took months and all they did was play phone tag with the dealership. In the end they gave up. They said all they could do was lobby. They are toothless. They also said it was useless for me to bring them to court, as I signed the contract. Best of luck! Would love to hear how things pan out.

1 hour ago, Mckenzo82 said:

The contract I signed says nothing about having to provide service records, or mileage limits. So to me it seems they are breaching the contract, demanding service records. We will see.

I've never seen the contracts you guys signed but I'm sure it has something in it about servicing the vehicle as set out in the new car warranty. To prove you did of course you need to prove you did, how? With paperwork. That's one reason I go to the same guys for service, they can print out each and everything done on my vehicle under warranty. Courts will do nothing for you all, especially if they have gone teats up. I share your frustration and anger. A total scam to me from reading this thread. 

Good evening to all. First, please bear with my english (english is not my mother tongue).  I had the same problem last May 2019. They (Xwrp London) insisting that my warranty refund claim is voided because i exceeded on the kilometers before it reach the expiration date of the warranty refund contract. So i asked them to find and read the clause on the contract that states that my warranty refund claim will be voided because i excedeed the mileage. They cant answer my question but they arrogantly insisting that may refund claim is voided and the decision is final. After a couple of weeks of telephone arguments with Xwrp London office. What i did is, i talk to the dealership manager where i bought my car and the XWRp contract. I told them my situation, and ask them to back me up against Xwrp London to get my refund. At first they refused to help me. There reason is that i should go after Xwrp London not them. So i informed them that i will file a claim against them (Dealership) and Xwrp London. And then Tadddaaaa!!!! The Managers tone of voice changed rapidly. They agreed to pay me the amount that i paid for the Xwrp contract. Good luck to all.