Dodge XWRP warranty scam?

Rizzo

1 hour ago, BillM said:

You've probably got a crack in one of the hard EGR hoses.   Common problem on a lot of diesels which leads to some nasty smells in the cabin if your system isn't set on recirc.

Im pretty sure you are bang on...good luck convincing the mechanics at the stealership though. they say that they have checked over the system and cant find anything. Funny the problem started after my EGR entirely failed after 30,000km

Dodge Quality lol

26 minutes ago, DanD said:

Dealership yes, 75% of the work force are sales people and most of them don't know the difference between a headlight or a tail light. They're there working on commission and are trained on how to sell crap. Independent garages that are not also used car lots, generally are fair (if they are competent to do the repairs); but like in any other service industry; there's always a few bad apples that make us all look bad.

Not to brag (yes I am) but I've been in business running my garage for 33 year. There's only the three of us here and we're all licensed. (I trained my two mechanics right from their apprenticeships) I also have an active customer base of over 4800; I'm quite proud of keeping that many customers happy and coming back year after year.

Dan.

I wish you were closer to me also and I would bring my work to you. You should really move to the Kawarthas....LOL

1 minute ago, jimmer said:

You should really move to the Kawarthas....LOL

LOL.

I'd be there in a minute; but my wife is a Londoner and She won't even entertain the idea of moving outside this city.

"Happy wife, happy life"

Oshawa Sorry no thanks; my son went to UOIT there. Every time I went to visit him; I felt depressed, due to the towns condition; after GM closed out some of its operations. Windsor Is another town that just feels dismal and gray?

OK back on subject; someone is getting screwed here and It aint me. 

Dan.

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

Im pretty sure you are bang on...good luck convincing the mechanics at the stealership though. they say that they have checked over the system and cant find anything. Funny the problem started after my EGR entirely failed after 30,000km

Dodge Quality lol

You going to keep this truck forever?   Do full deletes and a tune.  No more problems.

45 minutes ago, BillM said:

You going to keep this truck forever?   Do full deletes and a tune.  No more problems.

thats honestly the plan once my warranty is up...bypassing absolutely everything. Especially with the massive EGR issues these trucks have filling the engines up with soot.

Might be a little too big of a job for me to swap the ECU...might have to find a shop willing to do it. they aint cheap to do properly though! probable close to 3 grand!

Whole new ECU with a straight pipe exhaust. Everything else gets deleted and plugged.

Edited by AKRISONER

17 minutes ago, BillM said:

Yeah, I've got everything removed from my car.  DPF, EGR electronically disabled, SCR has been gutted, DEF tanks disabled, etc etc.    It's definitely not cheap :)

Any word on how this all relates to emmissions requirements? With the new testing my understanding is that if the ECU is programmed and no errors are coming up you are good to go?

I have total belief that if I do the full package EGR removed, DPF removed, new ECU, Def removed this engine will last for an eternity. 

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Any word on how this all relates to emmissions requirements? With the new testing my understanding is that if the ECU is programmed and no errors are coming up you are good to go?

I have total belief that if I do the full package EGR removed, DPF removed, new ECU, Def removed this engine will last for an eternity. 

Readiness monitors are set to 'Ok'.  Passes emissions just fine, lol.

Like each and every insurance provider including Workers Compensation it is procedure that they deny each and every claim that is before them. My sis in law worked in the Insurance business as a claims adjuster with a national firm and without even read the details a standard form  letter denying any claim was sent out the insured.

You have to be like a Dog with a bone, don't give up. They want to make it such a Hell dealing with them they want you to tap out, don't. Being relentless in this type of Bull has served me well over the years. You have to work your way up the chain of command. Many times I wanted to give in, like I said don't quit. I have 3 times taken Corps to Small Claims court. only once we went before a Magistrate, and that lasted 10 minutes before she ruled in my favour. $10,000.00 max in Ontario for small claims. I think it was $75.00 to file 10 years ago.

On 4/12/2018 at 2:08 PM, DanD said:

Dealership yes, 75% of the work force are sales people and most of them don't know the difference between a headlight or a tail light. They're there working on commission and are trained on how to sell crap. 

I work at Lindsay Kia in the service department and I am not on commission, salary.  We ONLY tell the customer what is needed and when.  If the car is not fit to leave (brake pad's less than 2mm and falling apart) we tell them.  If they do not do the work we get a signature they refused.  You know Dan, must be more than 3mm pad for a safety.  The service manager has been calling shops all over including other Kia's and well, our door rate is the lowest around and we have some very high reviews all the time.  Not all dealers are bad, trust me.  Kia Canada is doing audits to all locations (currently, ours today) to ensure there is no funny business.  

Rizzo, sorry the hear this and good luck.  I hope you get it all sorted out ASAP! 

3 hours ago, Snidley said:

Hey Rizzo sorry to hear of your beef with the dealer. Have you contacted OMVIC? My buddy is a used car dealer and he says they can really put the boots to a dealer in Ontario for all things shady. To me this seems very shady

Dude I am relentless....so yes I have contacted OMVIC. Normally I am very mild mannered but this has me super ticked off. The way they convinced me to do it, when I told them over and over I wasn't interested in it, is what really has me miffed. Sales lady flat out lied (or made a mistake)...but if its a mistake do you not do your best to make things right for your client? I have started a file with omvic, but have not made it official. Still trying to give time for Waterloo Dodge to do the honourable thing.

Rizzo,

I feel your pain. I'm going through the exact same thing. Purchased Dodge Caravan and warranty (with warranty refund) from Chrysler dealer in 2013, was told I get my money back if I don't use it. Sent all the required paperwork within the 60 days of warranty expiration, and they came back asking for service records. I had spotty records as best, but was able to gather the necessary proof of oil changes. When I asked where it stated this was required, he referred me to exemption 3c on the warranty refund program application which states that the warranty refund is void if "the Applicant has caused the Warranty Contract to become invalid for any reason identified by the "Exclusion" or "What is Not Covered" section of the Warranty Contract". On the back of the Warranty Contract (which Chrysler calls the Service Contract), it states that it is the owners responsibility maintain proof of all maintenance records.

What a joke. They are using a loophole to get out of the refund. Their claim is that failure to provide maintenance receipts violates the terms of the warranty, thus invalidating the warranty refund. In my case, I was fortunate enough to be able to obtain oil change records (one of which I did myself, so a photo of the screen showing the oil was purchased the Canadian Tire had to suffice).

Earlier this week, I received my refund cheque (a small victory). Of course, the amount they refunded didn't include the warranty refund application fee, even though it clearly states the definition of "Refund" is the purchase price of the warranty contract, to a maximum of $4000 (the same maximum they list in the purchase price box, but not the same amount the refunded). I'm trying to fight that battle now, but thinking my only recourse is the BBB.

When I called fearing I didn't have the necessary paperwork, the guy on the phone suggested I write a letter explaining that it wasn't made clear that maintenance records were required, and he would "fight for me". If all else fails, you could try this. In the end, the frustrating part is that you DIDN'T USE THE WARRANTY, so the maintenance records aren't relevant. I feel your pain, because I went through the same thing. I'm very frustrated that my dealer didn't make it more clear how important this was.

Best of luck to you, I hope you can stick it to them.

Lee

Edited by LeeC

All warranty company's are a pain to deal with. Get chrysler gold plan.warranty no.hassle can run part numbers and labour ops at work station for coverage and.get customer back on rd as quick as possible.

You have a eco diesel just get rid of it there a turd anyway regardless of what anyone else thinks not only emissions but under built bottom. Ends changed more engines than I can count for connecting rod failures 

Dan, I know we drifted off topic a bit here, but you have every right to be proud of your business and record with your customers. I have been in the service industry all my life, but never for myself. I did work for mostly private run companies though. None of them had any interest in running a business with your philosophy though. I never understood that. One has been in business for 96 years. They just believe that when they screw someone over..... there are plenty more fish in the sea! Seems to be true! I would think a harmonious relationship with customers would make for a far more rewarding career.

The BBB is a toothless organization. I wouldn't waste my time with them. My Chevy is still under extended warranty and I'm not the greatest record keeper. That is why I deal with 1 garage and only 1. Yes I may miss a few sales on oil service but I'll take the hit. I asked for my service records from day 1 and they emailed me each and every one in a PDF. The 3 previous services were at the GM dealer, what a joke, 1.5 hrs to change oil and filter and a quick visual inspection and 15 bucks more. Nice fancy waiting room with WiFi though.

Seems to be one issue in this discussion that permeates the thread, Dodge/Chrysler. Maybe that's a signal to refrain from purchasing anything from this firm. When I was in the car business years ago this firm was a subject of  many negative issues and on many, many occasions. This problem was corporate as well as at the dealer level. Rot starts at the head and migrates down the body, so to speak.

Just as an FYI, I was offered the same warranty when I bought my 2013 Chevy. I turned it down as I put too many Kilometers on a vehicle in a year to even worry about extended waranties. 

Sucks for the OP and anyone else caught up in this. Hope you get this sorted out! 

On 4/13/2018 at 4:11 PM, GBW said:

I work at Lindsay Kia in the service department and I am not on commission, salary. 

GBW.

I was talking about the sales staff; sorry if you took offence. My wife is a service adviser at a GM dealership and no she's not on commission either. She been so pissed at the sales people for tell un-truths, just to make a sale. Then the customer comes into service and have to be told; that no their vehicle can't fly.

Dan.

If you purchase a extended warranty with the thought of not using it and getting all your money returned it would have been better to place said amount that this product cost into a interest bearing saving account and then if repairs were needed the money was there but if no repairs were needed you have full access to YOUR money plus interest over the years. It's called a win win in my eyes. BTW I never take out a extended warranty for anything.

I hope you get your money back ASAP..........  :)

On 2018-04-13 at 9:25 PM, LeeC said:

When I called fearing I didn't have the necessary paperwork, the guy on the phone suggested I write a letter explaining that it wasn't made clear that maintenance records were required, and he would "fight for me". If all else fails, you could try this. In the end, the frustrating part is that you DIDN'T USE THE WARRANTY, so the maintenance records aren't relevant. I feel your pain, because I went through the same thing. I'm very frustrated that my dealer didn't make it more clear how important this was.

Best of luck to you, I hope you can stick it to them.

Lee

Realistically, they cannot afford to give every one who doesn't use the warranty their money back.  They need that money to pay for the people who have major repairs.  The only way they can stay in business is if they can find excuses not to refund the warranties.    It's obviously not the most ethical way to do business, but they cannot make this offer without there being a catch somewhere.

Hey Rizzo, same thing happened to me....bought the extended warranty for my Jeep, traded it in after 5 years and bought my new Dodge Ram......went to put in for my money back and had to jump through hoops.....stayed on it, talked to some pissy little Dude a couple times.....I let him know that I work in IT and I am going to go out to social media and let them know about their piece of @#$% company.......about a month later after sending in yet another bunch of service receipts I got the full payment....was a real pain in the you know what.....my wife kept telling me don't even bother, you are not getting your money back, she should have known better I am like a Bulldog when it comes to MY money....keep it up Brother!!

Chrispy!