LittleWorm

Season and Limit question

I live in Cornwall so I fish both Zone 20 and Zone 18. I was looking to go out this year for mudpout/bullhead but looking at the regulations I can not find anything about when the season is open or your limit. I do see channel cat is open all year and the limit is 12 but bullheads are not the same. I can also fins season and limits for crappie, sunfish, pearch, ect.... Since I can not find anything about Bullhead I am assuming ( I know , assuming is dangerous ) that Bullhead is open year round with no limit. Does anyone have any information? Like I said, I have read and re-read the regulations for zones 18 and 20 but can not find anything and I want to make sure I am not breaking any laws. 

Thanks for any help

Eric

I had a similar question a while ago.

This is from the regs-

For unlisted species (e.g., sucker and rock bass), the season is open year-round.

if its not listed there is no regulation concerning the species aside from your standard rules about number of rods used and any bait/hook regulations.

Yes no limits or seasons for bullheads.

Just ensure you are not fishing in a sancuary as this does apply no matter your target species.

What Woodsman said. The areas deemed to be a sanctuary for certain periods can be an issue. You can't plead ignorance either.

LittleWorm, do you catch and release the Bullhead or do you keep a few to eat? I never ate a Bullhead until 10 years ago, they are good out of cold water. I won't eat anything with Mud or Snake in it's name. A bit too early for where we get them. Looking for +8 to 10C air day temps.

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

LittleWorm, do you catch and release the Bullhead or do you keep a few to eat? I never ate a Bullhead until 10 years ago, they are good out of cold water. I won't eat anything with Mud or Snake in it's name. A bit too early for where we get them. Looking for +8 to 10C air day temps.

I have not fished them in 20 years or so but my dad and myself kept them when we do go out for them. A good deep fried bullhead feed was always tasty growing up.

37 minutes ago, mike rousseau said:

There are some sactuaries at hooples and on the raisin but the rest of the creeks and bays are good to go 

Thanks Mike, I figure in another week or 2 they should be biting pretty good  I hope.