Such a terrible thing.

lew

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 1:11 AM, grimsbylander said:

We should restrain from handing down sentences. If that guy made a mistake that resulted in those deaths, he already has a lifetime of despair ahead...in fact, they're probably watching him for his own safety. It's a tragedy for everyone involved. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Unless the bus driver was speeding and the trucker thought he was safe to cross the highway? Could explain why the tractor wasn't mashed; but the trailer was blown apart. How many times haven't we all seen a bus loaded with people, fly past you on the 401?

Dan.

True. Many a times.

I digress on my statement. He will be living with this for the rest of his life.

1 minute ago, misfish said:

True. Many a times.

I digress on my statement. He will be living with this for the rest of his life.

I agree that this is tragic for all involved; not matter who's at fault. Just hope all that survived can get through this without lasting misery. 

Dan. 

not much to be said...my cousin is a billet family for players on the Flin Flon Bombers in the SJHL, the relationship that he builds with the kids is incredible...this tragedy is just devastating far too many people. So very very sad.

Edited by AKRISONER

3 hours ago, DanD said:

Unless the bus driver was speeding and the trucker thought he was safe to cross the highway? Could explain why the tractor wasn't mashed; but the trailer was blown apart. How many times haven't we all seen a bus loaded with people, fly past you on the 401?

Dan.

Good point...never thought of that

My friend here at work knows most of the victims. Her family owns a farm about 10 minutes away from this intersection.

Her parents used to billet players as well until they got to be in their late 70's early 80's.

Her sister and brother in law still run the farm today.  

Wait for the accident reconstruction crew to figure out what happened.

There obviously needs to be some safety upgrades at this intersection as there have now been 21 deaths in just two accidents.

It has stop signs and flashing lights but could either use rumble strips on approach to the signs or traffic lights.

I think rumble strips would be fine as they warn of the stop ahead.

CBC National did an hour program early this morning and they interviewed a meteorologist who said at the time of the accident the sun was only about 21 degrees above the horizon. Obviously she didn't say that caused the accident but I spose if it was in his eyes as he was travelling west it may have hindered his vision making it tough to see the stop sign.

I'd guess most of us have experienced poor visibility heading into a low sun.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:11 AM, grimsbylander said:

We should restrain from handing down sentences. If that guy made a mistake that resulted in those deaths, he already has a lifetime of despair ahead...in fact, they're probably watching him for his own safety. It's a tragedy for everyone involved. 

Very very true.

10 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Should be a god given right to not have to live through the passing of a child. 

I've been through it Matt and it's the absolute worst thing a parent can experience and I can't even imagine how many family members and friends are going through it right now.

Wish it was that easy Dan but for anyone who has lost someone they care about especially where suffering is involved ithe pain never gets easier or goes away, you just learn to better deal with it. If you're lucky.

Edited by moxie
To add last sentence

10 hours ago, moxie said:

Wish it was that easy Dan but for anyone who has lost someone they care about especially where suffering is involved ithe pain never gets easier or goes away, you just learn to better deal with it. If you're lucky.

I Agree but like the saying and hopefully it is so with this; time heels all.

I also know what it's like to loose loved ones; in 2012, with in a 10 month time frame, we buried 6 family members. Ages ranging from 38 to 84; my dad being the eldest. Two brothers and a sister; it was a year from hell. I think of all of them everyday; i'm still sad that they are gone; but the pain in my heart has lessened. 

Dan