sturgeon lake near savant lake.

My son was lucky enough to win a weeks stay at Trappers Point Lodge. This trip will take place the first week in sept. sept1-8. Right now im gathering information. Overall health of the fishery. Personal stories of your trips, etc, We are staying at the northern most finger of lake.  Considering the size of this body of water we are just trying to size things up in ragards to how far we will have to motor by boat to get to good eye/laker/northern fishing. Any and all info is greatly appreciated. We are from west central wisconsin and have NO water that even approached sturgeon in size. I find attacking a lake such as this very intimidating.

Thanks again guys

Cronk

Stay safe and good fishin!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well this has getten 0 responses despite a lot of views. so im thinking i asked the wrong question. so here it goes.

Is there a particular reason to avoid strugeon lake from a fisheries stand point.. as stated above we will be at trappers point lodge in sept. But if the info is this slow in coming i would have to believe there is not much positive to say. Local guides resort owners including the one we are staying with and the ontario tourism board have so far not gotten back to me. This sadly is what leads me to think sturgeon is not a fantastic/healthy fishery. So maybe i just ask about lakes in the immediate area, such as squaw lake,eady lake, string bean, six mile lake, beckington, barnard, princess, and vanessa. maybe people can shed some light on these lakes. We will have access to those as well.

Thanks again Cronk

• 1 year later...

We are fishing Sturgeon for the first time in June 2020. How was your trip to Trappers? I had a good conversation with Rob from Trappers 2 years ago at the All Canada show. He really touted the Walleye up on his end of the lake. We'll be staying at Whiskey Jacks for our first trip.