Wind storm

MJIG

It howled on this side of Lake Erie too, some serious thunder and lightning and rain. I had tumble weeds blowing across my yard, but no shingles!

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/37887438/national-weather-service-confirms-4-tornadoes-100-mph-winds-in-ohio

That was way south of me, as I recall Wilmington is near Cinci?

http://fox8.com/2018/04/04/lightning-jolt-driver-captures-video-of-lightning-striking-car-in-cleveland/

I said yesterday winds had to be 80KPH on the north shore of Erie, I was wrong, winds hit 90MPH on the weather buoy at Pt. Colbourne before it sunk I was told today. There's a few hundred cords of deadwood on Lakeshore Drive within a kilometer. A good sized branch missed my wife's new car with a glass roof by a few feet. There's snow on the deck. Worse spring windstorm I have seen here in 22 years. Some blue boxes are 500 meters into the farmers fields.

50 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

Iwinds hit 90MPH on the weather buoy at Pt. Colbourne before it sunk I was told today. 

The weather buoy at Port Colborne has been out of the water for the Winter since November 25th....if it sank, it sank on shore!

Port Colborne peak gusts were recorded at 104 kph by Environment Canada and 94 kph according to Weather Underground.  In any case, the storm surge was huge and waves were massive.  I took a drive down to the lake side of Long Point and it was pretty scary.  Lots of cottages are in peril all along the point.   The beach behind my friend's cottage was 150 feet wide 2 years ago, half that last year and now he has none as you can see in the picture!  The Port Dover Pier was under water around lunch time yesterday and water all the way up to the Arbour.

IMG_20180404_153333.jpg

Edited by G.mech

34 minutes ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I said yesterday winds had to be 80KPH on the north shore of Erie, I was wrong, winds hit 90MPH on the weather buoy at Pt. Colbourne before it sunk I was told today. There's a few hundred cords of deadwood on Lakeshore Drive within a kilometer. A good sized branch missed my wife's new car with a glass roof by a few feet. There's snow on the deck. Worse spring windstorm I have seen here in 22 years. Some blue boxes are 500 meters into the farmers fields.

Old, blue boxes? Mailboxes?

Lots of trees down in my little corner of the Kawarthas and many places still without power, we lost ours yesterday afternoon about 2:00 and they say it may be 10:00 tonight before it's restored.

Times like this my stand-by genny is worth it's weight in gold LOL

Edited by lew