DanD

Anchor

Anyone looking for a new anchor? Princess Auto has 28lb navy anchors on sale for 45 bucks. Page 18 on the current flyer. I know navy's are not the best anchors out there; but it could make for a good second or back up?

Dan. 

2 hours ago, ketchenany said:

Or some guy’s boots, just sayn.

I knew you were MAFIA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6 minutes ago, misfish said:

I knew you were MAFIA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Yup gave it up after looking for fly line weight! 

You can catch fish ona clothes line!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Drift Sock vs Drift Anchor?

I have never used a Drift sock and wondered how it compares to dragging a light weight or something behind to slow your drift. Obliviously in really deep water it is an issues and maintaining a consistent speed would bei guess.   This weekend I used a 5lb and 2.5 basic workout weight. and had so i could have ether one on or both with a snap. It worked way better then I expected. The electric could still move me around easily with it down and also helped me find green weeds lol.

in General Discussion

• Anchor weight

I'm going to be taking my peddle boat out on a few lakes up near Haliburton and will want to use an anchor to hold on a spot once I find some fish. I'm around the 200 pound mark and will be fishing in lakes that don't have a ton of current (from what I can remember at least...) but can get a little unruly if I manage to be on the wind blown shore when a stuff breeze comes up. I have an anchor that I purchased with my kayak but I think it's either 1.5 or 3 pounds. Will that keep me fairly planned

in General Discussion

• Cool Minn Kota Anchor Website

Minn Kota has been selling its Talon electric anchor pole for a while now. If you haven't seen one, it's a pole that descends vertically from the boat to hold it in position while you cast, sort of like a high-tech version of shoving the paddle down to bottom. They're mainly for keeping the boat from moving in the breeze while fishing shallow water, and they work really well.   Anyway, Minn Kota has launched a new website to show how tough this thing is, with movies of it being "torture tested

in General Discussion

• Selecting an anchor

I am looking for suggestions for buying an anchor. My boat is a small 10' jon boat and will be used almost exclusively on a small local kettle pond. The pond gets fairly deep in the center 40'(?) and has a muddy, silt-like bottom. The boat would mostly be anchored in under 25 fow.   I have been leaning towards a Danforth anchor but I have no idea how heavy an anchor I should need. I want something heavy enough to do the job but not too heavy that its more awkward than it needs to be sinc

in General Discussion

• Canoe Anchor

I would like to get a an anchor for my canoe so I can do some better fishing out of it. I was wondering what weight of anchor would I generally need to stay put. I am thinking of getting two 1.5 Lb Grappling Nachors, would that be enough??

in General Discussion