It only takes one IDIOT

Imagine smacking one of those propane tanks with your boat?? wow

I'm glad this came out and was brought to everyone's attention. This is how we protect our resources and defend against the people who simply want to exploit them for personal gain. As destructive as the internet can be, 30 years ago this would have never received the public awareness level it has and would have most likely repeated next year. Making sure that people breaking the law are forced into the public spotlight is far more damaging than quietly shuffling off to court and receiving Ontario's customary slap on the wrist fine. The fine's are simply the fuel which ignite the desire to make more money, cut more corners, cheat the system. The only way fine's work is if they are substantial enough to force the owner out of the "resources for money" business because obviously, they cannot be trusted.

6 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Imagine smacking one of those propane tanks with your boat?? wow

I'm glad this came out and was brought to everyone's attention. This is how we protect our resources and defend against the people who simply want to exploit them for personal gain. As destructive as the internet can be, 30 years ago this would have never received the public awareness level it has and would have most likely repeated next year. Making sure that people breaking the law are forced into the public spotlight is far more damaging than quietly shuffling off to court and receiving Ontario's customary slap on the wrist fine. The fine's are simply the fuel which ignite the desire to make more money, cut more corners, cheat the system. The only way fine's work is if they are substantial enough to force the owner out of the "resources for money" business because obvoiously, they cannot be trusted.

And then there is the simple fact that some people are just pigs who think they have no rules and can do whatever they please whenever they please. 

On 4/1/2018 at 8:34 AM, lew said:

It's so sad that we have to share this planet with slobs like this and when whoever left that mess is caught I hope they nail him and all others like him with the harshest punishment available.

I live on a beautiful country road near Burleigh Falls that runs off hwy 28 and along Clear Lake and it's unbelievable how much garbage people throw here.

Cnv0811.jpg

They come in off the hwy after dark when nobodies around and dump all the garbage they're too lazy or cheap to take to the local landfill / recycling site.

Just off the top of my head I recall piles of aluminum siding, tires, a surfboard, construction materials, bicycles, mattresses, regular garbage and all sorts of other crap. Last year someone ever discarded an 18' sailboat & trailer after they removed all identification.

It was posted here the other day about someone being fined $11,000 for keeping too many fish, maybe if those kinda fines were issued for tossing garbage everywhere it may cut back on some of it.

After dark, sit in the bush to the side of the road with a   DELETED

Edited by aplumma
Do not advise people to do illegal things. We will turn over any records to authorities as requested.

5 hours ago, grimsbylander said:

As destructive as the internet can be, 30 years ago this would have never received the public awareness level it has and would have most likely repeated next year. Making sure that people breaking the law are forced into the public spotlight is far more damaging than quietly shuffling off to court and receiving Ontario's customary slap on the wrist fine.

Exactly.

The cool thing is no COs or cops were involved, just an average Joe fisherman posted it and it has since been (allegedly) cleaned up and the outfitter likely won't do it again.