It only takes one IDIOT

It's so sad that we have to share this planet with slobs like this and when whoever left that mess is caught I hope they nail him and all others like him with the harshest punishment available.

I live on a beautiful country road near Burleigh Falls that runs off hwy 28 and along Clear Lake and it's unbelievable how much garbage people throw here.

Cnv0811.jpg

They come in off the hwy after dark when nobodies around and dump all the garbage they're too lazy or cheap to take to the local landfill / recycling site.

Just off the top of my head I recall piles of aluminum siding, tires, a surfboard, construction materials, bicycles, mattresses, regular garbage and all sorts of other crap. Last year someone ever discarded an 18' sailboat & trailer after they removed all identification.

It was posted here the other day about someone being fined $11,000 for keeping too many fish, maybe if those kinda fines were issued for tossing garbage everywhere it may cut back on some of it.

Edited by lew

Agree Lew, judges are far too lenient when it comes to getting people to straighten out their lives.  Owner issues apology, wth, owner should be issuing a pink slip to the employee(s) and then kicking himself in the azz for failing to check that the final outcome was right.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

yipes. I would imagine (or hope) that this is the handiwork of lazy hired help rather than an owner

that's very generous and possible but an owner not realizing he's missing a ton of lp tanks ? not buying. they should have gone back if they noticed the count was off.

2 hours ago, lew said:

It's so sad that we have to share this planet with slobs like this and when whoever left that mess is caught I hope they nail him and all others like him with the harshest punishment available.

I live on a beautiful country road near Burleigh Falls that runs off hwy 28 and along Clear Lake and it's unbelievable how much garbage people throw here.

Cnv0811.jpg

They come in off the hwy after dark when nobodies around and dump all the garbage they're too lazy or cheap to take to the local landfill / recycling site.

Just off the top of my head I recall piles of aluminum siding, tires, a surfboard, construction materials, bicycles, mattresses, regular garbage and all sorts of other crap. Last year someone ever discarded an 18' sailboat & trailer after they removed all identification.

It was posted here the other day about someone being fined $11,000 for keeping too many fish, maybe if those kinda fines were issued for tossing garbage everywhere it may cut back on some of it.

Dang Lew, much more scenic than my country road! Mine has drainage ditches on both side, they seem to be a collection area for fast food trash, soda and beer containers.

30 minutes ago, OhioFisherman said:

Dang Lew, much more scenic than my country road! Mine has drainage ditches on both side, they seem to be a collection area for fast food trash, soda and beer containers.

Yeah, sadly Paul we've got ignorant slobs on both sides of the border.

2 hours ago, bigugli said:

Welcome to the North America of the 21st century.

You're 100% right there! Try running a small business in a city; where you need a dumpster for the business's waist. Especially for an automotive shop. People think I'm a dumping ground for all their waste oils and anti freezes. If I lock the dumpsters lids, they throw the garbage bags on the ground next to the dumpster. The waist oils and anti freezes, are left in old 1 gallon containers or open 5 gallon pails. Not a word of a lie, I get close to 20 gallons of waste oil and anti freeze, every month. The waste oil costs me a varying amount of 25 - 40 cents a liter, to have it disposed of properly. The garbage at the dumpster is a mix of building materials and household garbage. When I'm in a crappy mood, I'll rip the garbage bags open. The idiots usually will leave something in there with their address. I've tried calling the cops; but they're not interested. So when I do find an address, I deliver it back to their doorstep and empty the bags on. The look on their faces and the stumbling voices, is well worth the gross digging through the bags. 

Sorry end of rant.

Dan.

6 minutes ago, DanD said:

You're 100% right there! Try running a small business in a city; where you need a dumpster for the business's waist. Especially for an automotive shop. People think I'm a dumping ground for all their waist oils and anti freezes. If I lock the dumpsters lids, they throw the garbage bags on the ground next to the dumpster. The waist oils and anti freezes, are left in old 1 gallon containers or open 5 gallon pails. Not a word of a lie, I get close to 20 gallons of waist oil and anti freeze, every month. The waist oil costs me a varying amount of 25 - 40 cents a liter, to have it disposed of properly. The garbage at the dumpster is a mix of building materials and household garbage. When I'm in a crappy mood, I'll rip the garbage bags open. The idiots usually will leave something in there with their address. I've tried calling the cops; but they're not interested. So when I do find an address, I deliver it back to their doorstep and empty the bags on. The look on their faces and the stumbling voices, is well worth the gross digging through the bags. 

Sorry end of rant.

Dan.

We se the dumping right at the rear driveway to the farm. Caught the one fellow and chased him back to his house. Police response " We have to catch him in the act".

Apologies are not enough!!! Let's see some proof that this Hut Operator took care of business and had this mess cleaned up!

Absolutely disgusting! No way in hell this operator should be allowed to put huts out any time in the next few years. The mess should be cleaned up and he/they should pay the bill.

His Facebook is still up, and he has indicated that the mess has been cleaned up. 

Now, if only they would clean up the bridge that was dumped into Port Bruce....

Edited by HTHM

I call total Bull on the "oh i wasnt aware" you do realize that when you are the CEO of a large corporation, when your company breaks the law you are legally responsible for your business...as such the owner deserves to be charged. The "i didnt know" excuse doesnt matter...did you commit the crime of leaving garbage on the ice? Yes...therefore you should be charged.

from his facebook page;=

Hello everyone, just an update that all of the garbage and propane tanks have been cleaned up and removed from the ice earlier today. I would once again like to apologize. This should not have happened.

I would also like to clarify that I am not putting any blame on my employees. When I said I take full responsibility, I meant it. It is my responsibility to make sure everything that needs to be done is done properly.

ICE CONDITION: As per Tom Carr's post stating that there is 25 inches of ice around the area where our huts were....this is NOT the case. This area of the ice is inconstant and UNSAFE for people to be roaming around on.

For the other experienced operators who have claimed they are heading out there tomorrow, I highly suggest avoiding the area, or please tread very carefully.

Tom Carr has told me personally that he will be posting pictures of the cleaned up area tomorrow.