Hamilton/south end lake o boat launches?

AKRISONER

Hey guys, I had plan to boat out of Humber bay boat launch this weekend but the forecast has taken an absolute turn for the worst. Lake O now has a gale warning out with waves building up to 2 meters tomorrow. 

Plan B looks like launching somewhere out of the south end of the lake. I know that the launches down there close up for the winter. Can anyone guide me to an open launch somewhere between Burlington and Niagara Falls?

let me know what you guys have got! Thanks!

Southern shore of Lake O will fish, problem is that wind is going to push any warm water out.  Fish will scatter.   I'm going to give it a few more weeks before I pull the boat down there for some fun.

After looking at the wind forecast today, I don't think I'd be out in a boat anywhere.  

Edited by BillM

50 Pt. is open as of yesterday but launch fee is $24.00.

Launch at Forans 2 weeks ago was free, not sure now. Sign there says $15.00.

Was out there yesterday from 9 am. to 4 pm. Nada. Stayed in close fishing the shore 10 to 15 FOW.

Water was to murky and very windy from the south. I trolled from 50 to just passed Grimsby and almost back, had enough.

Edited by Fish Farmer

20 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

50 Pt. is open as of yesterday but launch fee is $24.00.

Launch at Forans 2 weeks ago was free, not sure now. Sign there says $15.00.

Was out there yesterday from 9 am. to 4 pm. Nada. Stayed in close fishing the shore 10 to 15 FOW.

Water was to murky and very windy from the south. I trolled from 50 to just passed Grimsby and almost back, had enough.

If that was you that launched out of Forans on Saturday morning then that was me in the bass boat ripping around there...

The wind was absolutely nuts ripping from the south. I went out maybe 500 yards off shore to test the boat out and there was already a 3 foot chop rolling. Was great for testing out the new boat in though!. 

A warning to anyone launching out of Forans, a sand bar has formed at the entrance to the marina, water wasnt much more than a foot deep. I ended up bumping the sand with my outboard in a bass boat. If you have a big draft you could end up stuck on the hump there.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:38 PM, AKRISONER said:

Hey guys, I had plan to boat out of Humber bay boat launch this weekend but the forecast has taken an absolute turn for the worst. Lake O now has a gale warning out with waves building up to 2 meters tomorrow. 

Plan B looks like launching somewhere out of the south end of the lake. I know that the launches down there close up for the winter. Can anyone guide me to an open launch somewhere between Burlington and Niagara Falls?

let me know what you guys have got! Thanks!

Hey AKRI, 

Where abouts do you usually launch to fish humber bay? I recently moved to a condo at lake shore/park lawn area and am looking to get my boat out there in the next couple weeks. 

I've had success fishing lakers and browns in the stretch between Grimsby and St Catherines but hoping I can stay closer to home and find them near the mouth of humber/credit/bronte.

Feel free to PM me if easier. 

Thanks,

FF17

23 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

If that was you that launched out of Forans on Saturday morning then that was me in the bass boat ripping around there...

The wind was absolutely nuts ripping from the south. I went out maybe 500 yards off shore to test the boat out and there was already a 3 foot chop rolling. Was great for testing out the new boat in though!. 

A warning to anyone launching out of Forans, a sand bar has formed at the entrance to the marina, water wasnt much more than a foot deep. I ended up bumping the sand with my outboard in a bass boat. If you have a big draft you could end up stuck on the hump there.

I launched at 50 as they opened the launch early this year was great because I have a pass there.

Like you say it was very windy so I stayed in close.