Tjames09

Adding fluid to a starting/cranking battery?

I have a group 24 cranking battery, and I don't see anywhere on the top of it that opens so you can add fluid. Are they not meant to have fluid added periodically? I removed the stickers on the top but theres no access.

Its a Nautilus motomaster group 24 starting/cranking battery.

The first sign your battery is soon cooked is adding water.

When I was tournament guy I replaced them immediately .

Edited by Garnet

It does seem like an odd maintenance . And messing with battery acid lol. Not to mention no where on the batteries does it say to check the levels

i think I’ll leave it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Battery Time

For those who have a tendency to procrastinate or have perpetual brain farts,  don't forget to put your fish finder batteries on charge once in a while.

in General Discussion

• NF - Best Penetrating fluid?

Figured I would ask....tons of experience on this board.   What is the best penetrating fluid available to aid removing a compressed broken off SS bolt? Heard good things about Kroil,  except where it might be available.  Saw the ATF/Acetone 50/50 mix story too.  Anyone use this? Thanks in advance, Mark

in General Discussion

• 12v Socket to marine battery

I use a trolling motor on my SportsPal canoe and I'd like to have a removable 12v socket for it. I go island camping a couple times a year and it'd be nice to blow up an air mattress with the battery or charge a phone. I know I can buy the minnkota battery box but figure I can save some $ and do a DIY project. Anyone done that? Things to know?

in General Discussion

• Trolling Motor Battery, Starter Battery and Electronics

So my mystery continues. After about 90 minutes of heavy trolling motor use (high winds/waves) my electronics crap out. They're hooked to the trolling motor batteries, which are new. I've been all over the electrical system at the batteries. Cleaned and tightened the terminals, etc. I checked the voltage on the batteries. One was 12.3, the other was 9!   The boat is a 17' Yamaha G3 with a 115 Yamaha. Charged is a Minn Kota.   So a few questions if you don't mind.   1. When I was reconne

in General Discussion

• New battery for SUV opinions NF

So I've literally never changed a battery in any of my vehicles.   Tomorrow might be the day.   My bro in law geniously decided to clean the vehicle and play music for six hours, now I can't jump it.   Still nothing after a 4 hour charge, so im assuming if it won't charge by tonight I'll be replacing it.   What's a good CT option? I don't have a princess Auto or anything around so im basically stuck with Walmart or CT   Thanks in advance for suggestions!

in General Discussion